Payroll Giving - UK

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
farrellemm

Payroll Giving - UK

Post by farrellemm »

Hi All.

Can anyone help please?

Does anyone know of its possible to use Payroll Giving for Tithing in the UK? PG is simple to administer & widely used in the UK now and from my understanding it would greatly benefit members who work & claim UC, in a similar way to Gift Aid & old Tax Credits.

Thanks.
mevans

Re: Payroll Giving - UK

Post by mevans »

Not being from UK, I'm not certain what this system is, but it sounds like an option to directly make church contributions from your payroll. My initial thought would be to check with your ward clerk or ward financial clerk--but they may have no idea about all the options to donate that exist, and the church may not do a good job on educating them about such options.

Another idea is to contact the church donations department. It's been a long time since I corresponded with them, so I don't know if this email address still works. The church still owns the domain, so maybe it does. Try this: donations@ldschurch.org

A third option is to try contacting the Global Services Department: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... department
I don't know if they'd talk to you or they would require a clerk to call them. They'd probably be able to figure out an answer to your question. Although from the chart, it looks like the UK phone number does local unit support, so someone might have to call a Utah phone number to get international support.

I also see you're a new member to the tech forum and this is your first post. Note that the forum is primarily user-to-user support and people who work for the church don't necessarily come to these forums to provide support. Occasionally, you will see people who work for the church participating in discussions, but don't expect that will happen.

Return to “Main Church Website”