New Ward-Based Experiences on the Gospel Library App

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: New Ward-Based Experiences on the Gospel Library App

Post by jdlessley »

zaneclark wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:28 am
BrianEdwards wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:45 am
A new section on "Ward and Branch Features" was added to the Gospel Library FAQ
That's a great reference link, thanks for posting.
That really is a great link! Is there something Lke this for MemberTools?
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/tools/help/member-tools-frequently-asked-questions?lang=eng
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
andredjlima

Post by andredjlima »

I am in the US and our unit is a Portuguese speakers unit. There's no option to change the language in the main app, except in the library. With that being said, there's no way to select a hymn in Portuguese for the sacrament meeting and the english/portuguese numbering is not the same.

You could give us the option to change the main app language settings and not individual libraries. and NO, I can't download the Portuguese library version because my Google account is located in the US.

So, this feature does not help at all our unit.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

andredjlima wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:24 pm There's no option to change the language in the main app, except in the library.
From what's been told here, the app takes it's primary language from the phone's OS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bkunz

Post by bkunz »

Hi,

I am Elder’s Quorum Secretary. I see the option to Select Talks for Elderes Quorum Lessons. About 2 weeks ago I went in and chose all the lessons that the Quorum Presidency decided to use. For the next couple of days I was able to see and edit them (if I had wanted to). Notifications went out to all members who opted for it for the lesson on May 14th. Then, all of a sudden last Sunday all of the lessons I had selected were gone. All I saw in the Select Talks for Elders Quorum Lessons was a big red !Not selected for May 28.

I then went in and selected the lesson for May 28th and it then clicked done and it showed up as having been selected…..but if I leave that screen and go to any other screen and then come back it reverts to the !Not selected for May 28.

Am I doing something wrong when it did work the first time?

Thanks
jenniekuoha

Post by jenniekuoha »

Wonder how we make a suggestion that those who do the Ward Communications/Bulletin have access to the hymns that are going to be used.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Wouldn't that be the Feedback mechanism in the app? I don't use the app myself, so I'm not able to give directions to find it, but I understand it's there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jenniekuoha wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:12 pm Wonder how we make a suggestion that those who do the Ward Communications/Bulletin have access to the hymns that are going to be used.
I can see all the Hymns entered. I just go into GL, and press the three dots on the "Hymn" tile, and select "View sacrament meeting hymns".

Same with lessons.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelcox

Post by michaelcox »

Is there a way to Deep Link to these Ward-Based Experiences in Gospel Library? For example a GospelLibrary://content/EQLesson or GospelLibrary://content/SacramentMeetingHymn1
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

michaelcox wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:04 pm Is there a way to Deep Link to these Ward-Based Experiences in Gospel Library? For example a GospelLibrary://content/EQLesson or GospelLibrary://content/SacramentMeetingHymn1
No, unfortunately – but that would be a helpful feature! You can send it as a feature request in Gospel Library under Help > Send Feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

My hymns and elders quorum conference talks have stopped appearing on my home page. Is it possible that I accidentally turned them off? Everything seems to be set to display them.

Return to “Gospel Library”