New Ward-Based Experiences on the Gospel Library App

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
locke99

New Ward-Based Experiences on the Gospel Library App

Post by locke99 »

Does the new Ward-Based Experience of 6.5 only work for iOS. I have the gospel library app 6.5 installed on the Pixel 6. I am in the EQ and my president who has an iphone it works for him, but I don't have access.
I am signed in, I am using version 6.5, My calling is current in Leader and Clerk Resources, and our ward sacrament meeting start time is current.
So, is this an iOS only experience for the time being?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Ward-Based Experiences on the Gospel Library App

Post by russellhltn »

From the Apple Play store:
Ward and Branch Features
• Added a “Sacrament Meeting Hymns” card to Home (visible during sacrament meeting) that music coordinators can use to communicate hymns each week.
• Added “Relief Society Lessons” and “Elders Quorum Lessons” cards to Home that presidencies can use to communicate selected general conference talks for 2nd- and 4th-Sunday lessons.
• Added a “Callings” card for selecting hymns and lessons (only visible for members with callings that can edit).
• Added notification options in Settings for some of the above features.
• (Ward and branch features require signing in with a Church Account that’s connected to a membership record number.)
From the Google Play store:
Ward and Branch Features
• Added a “Sacrament Meeting Hymns” card to Home (visible on Sundays) that music coordinators can use to communicate hymns each week.
• Added “Relief Society Lessons” and “Elders Quorum Lessons” cards to Home that presidencies can use to communicate 2nd- and 4th-Sunday lesson topics.
• Added a “Callings” card for editing hymns and lessons (only visible for members with callings that can edit).
• Added Display Options to the reading view
However, in the "what's new" section of the Android app, there's no mention of the lessons.

Perhaps the first question is if the EQP has entered any lessons. Only then are EQ members going to see anything.

You didn't say what your calling is and it's not clear just how many members of the EQP have "write" access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
locke99

Post by locke99 »

I am a counselor in the presidency.
My president has added a lesson for the 23rd (I don't see the added lesson).
In the video, it says you will see callings, I don't see that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What video are you referring to? You can see callings in Member Tools.

I have no idea what the delay/sync time is for added lessons.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wwoodford

Post by wwoodford »

I can verify that the Elders Quorum lesson tile and Hymns tile show even if no hymns or lesson have been selected. For the lesson it states "General Conference talks have not been entered.'
locke99

Post by locke99 »

Training video for general conference talks.
Everything shown on the screen of this training video, I do not have. https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/inform ... 0p-eng.mp4

Video of what I'm seeing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O_ej2s ... p=drivesdk
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

locke99 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:36 pm Training video for general conference talks.
Everything shown on the screen of this training video, I do not have. https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/inform ... 0p-eng.mp4
Are you sure you are signed in to the app with your church account? I didn't have it on my android device and when I investigated I found I was signed-out of the app. I have not signed out manually so that may have happened as the result of an update. When I signed in with my church account, the lesson tile was available to turn on (but our Elder's Quorum presidency has not loaded any lessons yet).
locke99

Post by locke99 »

Signed in, signed out, re signed in, uninstalled, re installed, re signed in.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

locke99 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:17 am So, is this an iOS only experience for the time being?
It works in the Android beta. I expect it will work in the regular release as soon as it gets pushed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I didn't see it yesterday, but today I decided to logout and back in and then I could see it. I didn't check today before the login/logout, so I'm not sure if that made a difference or not.

This is GL 6.5.0 on a Pixel 6 just after sacrament meeting.
Screenshot_20230416-104015.jpg

Return to “Gospel Library”