New Ward-Based Experiences on the Gospel Library App

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: New Ward-Based Experiences on the Gospel Library App

Post by sbradshaw »

A few things to check:
– Are you on Gospel Library 6.5.0 or later? (Gospel Library Settings > App Details)
– Are you signed into Gospel Library with your Church Account? (Gospel Library Settings)
– Is your membership record number attached to the account you’re signed in with? (Account.ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
– Are you a member of the elders quorum presidency (including secretary)? (These callings should have edit access for elders quorum lessons.)
– Is the calling recorded correctly in Leader and Clerk Resources? (A custom calling in the system won’t have access rights – a clerk can verify that the standard calling is being used.)
– Has Gospel Library synced recently? (This should happen automatically, but to force a sync, make sure you’re connected to the internet, then go to Home and pull downward to refresh.)
– Is the Callings card enabled in Home? (Home > overflow menu > Edit Home)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:15 pm A few things to check:
And, if you are looking for the sacrament meeting hymns, does LCR have the correct meeting start time? If the music folks have loaded them, the hymns will show up an hour before the meeting and go away about 15 minutes after it ends, if you are connected to the Internet.

The loaded conference talks for EQ and RS should always be there.
cpkofford

Post by cpkofford »

Does anyone know what music calling I need to have to edit the Sacrament Meeting music? They have me in incorrectly as a Choir Director, but I am actually the Ward Music Director, which doesn't seem to be one of the listed callings for music - the choices are Music Advisor and Music Coordinator. Which should I be and will that give me access to add the music??
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cpkofford wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:34 pm Does anyone know what music calling I need to have to edit the Sacrament Meeting music? . . . - the choices are Music Advisor and Music Coordinator.
The official Notice says that ward music coordinators and bishopric members will be able to do it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

cpkofford wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:34 pm Does anyone know what music calling I need to have to edit the Sacrament Meeting music? They have me in incorrectly as a Choir Director, but I am actually the Ward Music Director, which doesn't seem to be one of the listed callings for music - the choices are Music Advisor and Music Coordinator. Which should I be and will that give me access to add the music??
These ward or branch callings can edit sacrament meeting hymns:
  • Music Coordinator
  • Music Leader
  • Accompanist
  • Bishop / Branch President
  • Bishopric First Counselor / Branch Presidency First Counselor
  • Bishopric Second Counselor / Branch Presidency Second Counselor
  • Ward Executive Secretary / Branch Executive Secretary
  • Ward Clerk / Branch Clerk
  • Ward Assistant Clerk / Branch Assistant Clerk
See General Handbook 19.4, “Music Leadership in the Ward.” If your calling is recorded as one of these, you won't have edit access: Music Adviser (no longer in handbook), Music Chairman (now “Music Coordinator”), Music Director (now “Music Leader”), Chorister (now "Music Leader"), Organist or Pianist (now “Accompanist”).

These are the callings that can edit elders quorum lessons:
  • Elders Quorum President
  • Elders Quorum First Counselor
  • Elders Quorum Second Counselor
  • Elders Quorum Secretary
  • Elders Quorum Assistant Secretary
See General Handbook 8.2.1.2, “Gospel Learning in Quorum Meetings.” To encourage presidencies to have an active role in selecting lesson topics, teachers do not currently have edit access.

These are the callings that can edit Relief Society lessons:
  • Relief Society President
  • Relief Society First Counselor
  • Relief Society Second Counselor
  • Relief Society Secretary
  • Relief Society Assistant Secretary
See General Handbook 9.2.1.2, “Gospel Learning in Relief Society Meetings.” To encourage presidencies to have an active role in selecting lesson topics, teachers do not currently have edit access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What's interesting is there's nothing for Sunday School. I'll take a wild guess that has to do with the curriculum not lending itself to be easily selected like hymns and conference talks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wwoodford

Post by wwoodford »

Yesterday, (Sunday) I used the "Come, Follow Me" (Sunday School) tile to access the lesson for Sunday School. I was taken to the correct lesson in the manual directly. So it appears that Sunday School does work as well
locke99

Post by locke99 »

I checked my phone at 2:00am on Monday. The day after the release and I can now access the update.
All systems nominal.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:11 am What's interesting is there's nothing for Sunday School. I'll take a wild guess that has to do with the curriculum not lending itself to be easily selected like hymns and conference talks.
The only approved curriculum for Sunday School currently is Come, Follow Me, which follows the same schedule throughout the Church (so there's nothing for teachers to choose). There's a Come, Follow Me quick link on Home that takes you to the current lesson.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

wwoodford wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:20 am Yesterday, (Sunday) I used the "Come, Follow Me" (Sunday School) tile to access the lesson for Sunday School. I was taken to the correct lesson in the manual directly. So it appears that Sunday School does work as well
This tool for RS/EQ brings it to the place where Sunday School already was. Selecting the home page, CFM, SS takes you right to the manual of the date you're on. It's a good way to make sure that wards and branches are doing the right lesson as well.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Gospel Library”