Language of selected talks for EQ/RS lessons

dbentham

Language of selected talks for EQ/RS lessons

Post by dbentham »

I have added talks for EQ lessons with the new ward-based features in the Library app, however there is no way of selecting languages of the talks.

I live in Sweden, but I prefer using English for both Tech and Church purposes. I have an android phone with the Library app in English. When I "Select Talks for Elders Quorum Lessons" I only see a list of talks in English (same as my app language). I didn't think much of it since I assumed that everyone would see the talk in their preferred language, but it turns out that all members of the quorum now have the English talk listed for the upcoming lesson.

I know that the members can change language after klicking on the link, but knowing my quorum there will be several elderly or non-tech-savvy brothers who will find this difficult and annoying.

Where can I submit feedback of adding one of the following features?
a) allow quorum presidency to select language of the talks or
b) automatically display the talk in the users preferred language

As a side note, I assume I can change the native language of my app to Swedish so that the Swedish talks will be listed when I select talks for EQ lessons, but I cannot for the life of me find where in the settings I change the app language. Could anyone tell me how I can do that (Android)? If that isn't possible, I would like to submit feedback of allowing users to change the app language in app...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Language of selected talks for EQ/RS lessons

Post by russellhltn »

dbentham wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:49 am Where can I submit feedback of adding one of the following features?
Touch the three dots in the upper right corner, select "Help", and then feedback.

dbentham wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:49 am I cannot for the life of me find where in the settings I change the app language.
Select "Library" at the bottom, select the three dots in the upper right. You'll see Language.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbentham

Post by dbentham »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:57 am
dbentham wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:49 am Where can I submit feedback of adding one of the following features?
Touch the three dots in the upper right corner, select "Help", and then feedback.
Thanks!
russellhltn wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:57 am
dbentham wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:49 am I cannot for the life of me find where in the settings I change the app language.
Select "Library" at the bottom, select the three dots in the upper right. You'll see Language.
That will only change the language of the content, not the app itself. I am asking for help on how to change the app language. The issue here being that I can only select English GC talks for EQ lessons since my app is in English. (switching the content language does not affect this).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dbentham wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:52 am That will only change the language of the content, not the app itself. I am asking for help on how to change the app language. The issue here being that I can only select English GC talks for EQ lessons since my app is in English. (switching the content language does not affect this).
Try exiting the app and changing the phone's language setting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

@dbentham, I submitted Feedback for this same request, see my separate thread for my reasoning (which is similar to yours):
Dual-language support for Ward-based GL Experience
Note that the Come Follow Me tile that members see in the Gospel Library home page, already automatically displays the link in the appropriate language (as defined by the cellphone setting). So my request was to extend this existing functionality to what members enter for the Hymns, EQ lessons, and RS lessons.

Return to “Mobile Applications”