"Not on church network" error

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jgoggan

"Not on Church network" when printing checks

Post by jgoggan »

Today, using the clerk PC that we always use, we are getting a red warning when trying to print checks that says "Not on Church network" and then a notice that we should only print checks from a PC on the church network. I confirmed that we are connected via wired to the normal network, of course.

Luckily, it DOES like you continue after the warning. So we were able to print checks. It just complained about it. :)

Just curious if anyone else was seeing this to see if it was widespread or local. Thanks.
SimonRev

"Not on church network" error

Post by SimonRev »

I went to print checks today and I received this error on the LCR print checks screen:
Not on church network
Checks should only be printed from the unit computer on the unit printer.
Note that this is on the ward computer that is in the clerk's office.

Any thoughts on how to resolve the issue? I am also not 100% certain if there are no checks to be printed or if the error is preventing the check I was expecting to be there from appearing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "Not on church network" error

Post by russellhltn »

Check with your tech people. See if the network has been modified.

I know on the FamilySearch side, there's a browser plugin that has to talk to the Cisco Meraki router to get authentication. LCR might be doing something like that as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: I wrote the above post not knowing there was a second report about the issue. I've combined them into a single thread to keep the discussion from scattering.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I recommend contacting the GSD this week to see if there is a known issue or if there is anything that needs to be done at the local level.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Something you could try is entering 192.168.108.1 into the browser. You should get a web page from the Meraki router. If not, then your network is probably not church standard.

swigginton

Post by swigginton »

We saw this issue at 2 of our buildings today, as well when printing checks. Something new is going on. Also, I can't get into the FIR system today through a web browser. It keeps refreshing at "Loading" and gives a "We're sorry we are unable to load issues" message. That may be related (or not).
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

My standard reaction to a loading issue is to always then try a private browser session. Thinking about it, that may also be an option for the O.P., perhaps there's cookies that are somehow misidentifying the network status, and running LCR from a private browser tab would work. At least something to try while waiting for others to respond.
jgoggan

Post by jgoggan »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:42 pm Something you could try is entering 192.168.108.1 into the browser. You should get a web page from the Meraki router. If not, then your network is probably not church standard.
I had actually checked this and we were indeed on the standard 192.168.108.x network as usual.

We'll see if it does it next Sunday. Again, it did let us proceed, so it is more of a warning than a "block", but something is still up.
D_Yeardley

LCR not recognizing church internet network

Post by D_Yeardley »

I've been trying to print some reimbursement and Fast Offering checks from my unit's computer for a couple of weeks, but LCR won't allow it, saying I'm not on the church's network. I've tried using both the LDSAccess hardwired connection and the Liahona wi-fi. Anyone else have this problem? If so, any idea how to resolve it?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”