SIngle Sisters and Ministering Brothers Information in Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
gsemones

SIngle Sisters and Ministering Brothers Information in Tools

Post by gsemones »

Hi all,

Today, a single sister in our stake made us aware of the following. When she looks at her record in Member Tools, she cannot see the ministering brothers assigned to her (and they are assigned). Her ministering sisters do appear. She said this is true for other single sisters as well. I have never heard of this. Is this a bug or a policy choice in the system? Is there a way to fix this? I know the Devs don't hang out here. I'm just trying to gather information.

Thanks,
Guerry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: SIngle Sisters and Ministering Brothers Information in Tools

Post by russellhltn »

I can't imagine it's a policy choice. Especially given that it does allow ministering brothers to be assigned.

If it was a one-off situation, I'd ask if there might be a duplicate membership record in the ward.

One question I do have is if she is her own household. There's a slim possibility that it doesn't show to adult "children" of the household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: SIngle Sisters and Ministering Brothers Information in Tools

Post by jdlessley »

gsemones wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:29 pm Today, a single sister in our stake made us aware of the following. When she looks at her record in Member Tools, she cannot see the ministering brothers assigned to her (and they are assigned).
Were the ministering brothers assigned verified in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR)?
gsemones wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:29 pmShe said this is true for other single sisters as well.
Has this been verified by others with leadership access to view ministering assignments in Member Tools? Until this is verified by unit leaders who can view ministering assignments this could be a localized issue with her device or app.

I ask these questions to help isolate the possible issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”