Members Submitting in Family History Activity Report

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
jeddotcom

Members Submitting in Family History Activity Report

Post by jeddotcom »

Can anyone help me understand why the numbers in our FHAR in the "Members Submitting This Year" would change during the month? Here is the situation, when I ran the report at the first week of April, the numbers for March said that YTD the number of people submitting names for in the Stake were 140. I saved a PDF of the report. Then I ran the report again the week of April 20th and now it says that the numbers for March YTD are 129. I identified the unit that lost the 10 ordinances.

My first reaction was that perhaps they had some members move out, but that was not the case. Their total number of members stayed the same AND there were no people move out on the move out report.

Any other thoughts why the number could drop during the month. I have a suspicion, but anything that I can think up seems like bad report design.

Thanks.
BrianEdwards

Re: Members Submitting in Family History Activity Report

Post by BrianEdwards »

I don't know about the Stake report, but a unit FHAR report also includes a breakdown detail of the submitters (adults, youth, new members, YSA's). Does your data have that included, and if so does it show anything interesting between the two reports?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Any chance you had a move out in the prior month? I'm thinking there may have been a lag in processing the numbers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeddotcom

Post by jeddotcom »

BrianEdwards wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:21 am I don't know about the Stake report, but a unit FHAR report also includes a breakdown detail of the submitters (adults, youth, new members, YSA's). Does your data have that included, and if so does it show anything interesting between the two reports?
Yes, the report does include this data. Each month I save a PDF copy. When I look at the report that I saved at the first of the month and I look now I have identified that the drop in #'s submitted comes from a particular unit in the Stake. The # of adults/youth/YSA/New Members remained the same but the # submitted dropped. That's the only thing that is interesting.
jeddotcom

Post by jeddotcom »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:52 am Any chance you had a move out in the prior month? I'm thinking there may have been a lag in processing the numbers.
Thanks for the response. I wondered the same thing and I ran the Move In-Out report and there were no changes. I also compared the PDF copy that I saved at the first of the month and the # of adults/youth/YSA/New Members remained the same. The only thing that dropped was the # Submitted.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can think of reasons why individual submissions might be canceled, but something really strange would have to be doing on to lose 10 submitters without any moveouts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”