Link to Maps Points to wrong address

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
mjsherman

Link to Maps Points to wrong address

Post by mjsherman »

Hello. I noticed that members who have recently moved into the word show a common error. Their address is correctly listed as their current address in our ward, but the map shows a different address. I assume their previous address, but certainly not the current one. Is this a known bug? Is there a way to track it?

Mark
davesudweeks

Re: Link to Maps Points to wrong address

Post by davesudweeks »

I'm assuming from your post that their address is correct but the pin is in the wrong location for their address. One thing to check - if they are in a new neighborhood, the address may not yet be recorded in whatever service the church uses to place the address pin. I have seen that before and when the software errs in automatic placement, it seems to drop the pin in unpredictable locations. In past experience, Bing maps seemed to update sooner than Google maps for new neighborhoods and homes being built in our area (as much as a year sooner). The member can move their pin to the correct location on the Church Directory and Map, or the clerk can, to get it in the correct location.
mjsherman

Post by mjsherman »

Thank you, yes. I should have clarified. The address field shows the correct, current address in our ward boundaries. The pin on the map shows a different address. In both cases in my ward, the incorrect map data points to a different, legitimate address. I know that one of the families moved from the town listed on the map, so I assume its their prior address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You're not the first to make that observation. You can check this post and the posts following.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”