Link feature not working

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

scottchips

Link feature not working

Post by scottchips »

After the most recent update I've started to experience performance (lag) issues. Also, I now cannot add new links to a note. I've rebooted and reinstalled the app but still no joy. I'm in the middle of a more than a year project to transfer all of my marginalia (and it's alot) into the Gospel Library. This feature is key to this effort so I'll need to pause until I can get this sorted. Would appreciate any suggestions. There could be other issues, but that's all I could find now. I will say that after reinstalling it does seem to be running faster. Thx
scottchips

Re: Link feature not working

Post by scottchips »

After coming back to the app after a couple of hours, I'm again having serious lag issues opening notes, on the order of 10 seconds. Link function still doesn't work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Which client are you using? Android, iOS, or Windows?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scottchips

Post by scottchips »

I'm usingWindows 11 Pro with all current security updates.
scottchips

Post by scottchips »

For what it's worth, I loaded the app on my backup PC which is a Mac running windows and am experiencing the same issues, very laggy performance and the link feature in notes isn't working.
nicholasgoddard

Post by nicholasgoddard »

I am experiencing the same exact issues. Tagging and highlighting are taking 5 - 10 seconds to appear. Windows 10 OS.
Aric70

Post by Aric70 »

I am also experiencing the same issues noted above. I am using Windows 11 OS. There are sometimes delays to open note's or highlight by over a minute.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

My GLWin (on three computers) has the same issue.
jwinder

Post by jwinder »

I've had to pause my study on this app because the link function doesn't work. While I'm here, I'll post another issue...I use a lot of highlights and they often don't match the text after I've completed the highlighting task. The highlight jumps up to the previous line. Any suggestions on how to keep the highlight and text together? Using Windows 11 Home.
lesleewilcox

Post by lesleewilcox »

I'm using the Beta version on both a Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC and the links no longer work on either PC. Very annoying.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”