Alerts to our phone when networks are down

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
slloyd

Alerts to our phone when networks are down

Post by slloyd »

I would love a way to get alerts when the church network is down. I can get on CNM and see that it is down but there is not a way to configure CNM to alert me when it is.
This would help a ton.

I propose an alerting system that is configurable so we can be alerted when switches, routers, or wifi is down.
eric.smith

Re: Alerts to our phone when networks are down

Post by eric.smith »

I agree that this would be extremely helpful. I started getting contacted this morning that the Internet in a building was down and frantically scrambled to track it down (dead modem). It could have been down for days, which if I had known could have avoided an emergency while leaders were counting on the network, a ward was trying to broadcast a meeting, etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Alerts to our phone when networks are down

Post by russellhltn »

The best way to get the idea to the decision-makers is to send Feedback. We can talk about it among ourselves, but the community doesn't have the power to make it happen.

Personally, I'd like to have a delay in the notification so I wouldn't be buzzed over a minor power failure or FM resetting something.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”