Updating Participant Information

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
alexjohnj

Updating Participant Information

Post by alexjohnj »

I am currently trying to update two separate addresses non-member recipients, one of which is showing an incorrect address and the other shows no address at all. When clicking the edit icon, I am able to update the address, but it does not show up as changed after I click save. Upon clicking the edit icon again, it shows my updated information I previously saved in the address section as saved correctly, but still does not show any changed upon saving and clicking out. It cannot even remove the address from the one. I have tried creating a new participant and merging them together and it does not change anything after they are merged. I'm unsure how to proceed.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Updating Participant Information

Post by jdlessley »

Call the Global Services Department (GSD) during weekdays. You can find the telephone number after signing into LCR, click the Help men item, and then select Contact Us. The hours of operation for your area are also displayed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
coltonlindstrom

Post by coltonlindstrom »

I encountered the same problem exactly as you described. I tried changing the address of a non-member participant without any success. I tried it on multiple different non-member participants with the same result. I also tried in different browsers. It seems the bug is still present.
Interestingly, I tried changing their phone number, which worked just fine. Only the address is giving me problems.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

coltonlindstrom wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:30 am Only the address is giving me problems.
Follow the instructions in the post immediately before yours by jdlessley.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Participant Information

Post by jdlessley »

I have submitted several tickets to get this issue resolved over the past five months to no avail. The work-around I use is to create a new nonmember participant record with the corrected information. If I use the same participant name then I note the CUBS number of the old record for the merge that follows. The merge must be started from the old nonmember participant record because the merge is only done from the selected record into another record. Once the merge is done the record the merge was started from no longer exists. So in short, don't create a new record and immediately use that record to start a merge.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”