Editing Calendar Event

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jajacks7

Editing Calendar Event

Post by jajacks7 »

I am the Scheduler/Booking person for our stake center. My bishop and ward clerk granted me access several times, and I am still not able to create an event in our booking calendar. They tried more than twice to fix the problem but to no avail. The error message I am getting is: "Want to add an Event? Only authorized calendar editors can create events. Contact your ward or stake clerk."

Please assist.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Editing Calendar Event

Post by russellhltn »

There's a couple of issue here.

The calendar is a bit different in that simply putting someone into the calling of "Building Scheduler" doesn't give them Building Scheduler rights in the calendar system. This is because the calling does not indicate "what building". As such, the stake will have to grant those rights to you in the calendar system.

Secondly, even if you are the Building Scheduler, that doesn't automatically give you rights to add events to ward calendars. And you can't be granted rights to wards you are not a member of.

Bottom line, the old method of all scheduling going though one person is dead and has been for years. In reality, you are more of a supervisor resolving conflicts. Units will need to add their own events. The system should prevent any obvious conflicts. You will have the ability to edit any scheduled event taking place in that building, as well as setting restrictions as to what ward can schedule events at certain days/times.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

There's also a recent FAQ about building schedulers that might be of help to you and others trying to manage events in your Stake center:
Building Schedulers -- Step by Step
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianEdwards wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:40 am There's also a recent FAQ about building schedulers that might be of help to you and others trying to manage events in your Stake center:
Building Schedulers -- Step by Step
Quoted for emphasis: "Building schedulers are responsible for overseeing events related to their assigned location, but they do not schedule stake or ward events."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
doc60

Post by doc60 »

Our Stake Relief Society President can’t add a calendar event. It tells her to contact the Stake Clerk (which is me) to give her permission. I can’t find any where to give her permission. Shouldn’t that be automatic with her calling?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

doc60 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:22 pm Our Stake Relief Society President can’t add a calendar event. It tells her to contact the Stake Clerk (which is me) to give her permission. I can’t find any where to give her permission. Shouldn’t that be automatic with her calling?
Is her calling recorded as a standard calling? If it's recorded as a custom calling, that won't give access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

doc60 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:22 pm Our Stake Relief Society President can’t add a calendar event. It tells her to contact the Stake Clerk (which is me) to give her permission. I can’t find any where to give her permission. Shouldn’t that be automatic with her calling?
Not necessarily. It depends on how the permissions to the calendar was set up.

But even if it was setup to grant the Stake Relief access, the MRN on the account she's using has to match the MRN of the person holding the standard position of Stake Relief Society. And it typically takes 24 hours before a new President has access.

In the meantime, you should be able to add the event for her.

Return to “General Discussions”