How to tell if a calendar is private

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
darenasay

How to tell if a calendar is private

Post by darenasay »

I’m the ward exec secretary. I want to add Bishop and Bishopric interviews to their respective calendars. I thought the Bishop interviews calendar, Bishopric First Councilor Interviews calendar, and Bishopric Second Councilor Interviews calendar were private. When I went to the calendar today, the setting says it’s visible to all members. Is there a way to make sure these calendars are private?
caillines

Re: How to tell if a calendar is private

Post by caillines »

Interesting.
I just looked at my settings, and my Stake Presidency calendar (which was previously set to private) is showing as "Visible to Members in the Stake" too.
I've just used the floating feedback tab to ask them to reset the access back to who it should be or let me know if it's a display bug.
I'd advise you to do the same thing.
caillines

Post by caillines »

I've just heard back about my situation
“That is a display bug. Private calendars permissions have not changed.”
As far as checking, the easiest way to check is to get someone who shouldn't have access to see if they can see it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

caillines wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:20 pm As far as checking, the easiest way to check is to get someone who shouldn't have access to see if they can see it.
Note that they cannot be an administrator (just as a bishopric/stake presidency/secretary/clerk)

And they have to check under the gear icon > Choose Calendars. Otherwise, it might be hidden for other reasons.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I understand if it is just a display problem but I don’t see an option to make a new calendar private. When you go to create a new one, there is no option.
caillines

Post by caillines »

You'll probably need to contact support using the floating feedback tab.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It appears the calendar has been updated. Now "Private" labels are visible and the control is there to create a private calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Thanks for noticing and keeping us updated Russell. It's definitely less stressful seeing the private flag and calendar membership.

Return to “Calendar”