okta

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Agutony

okta

Post by Agutony »

Hello members, I am a member of the church of jesus christ of the latter saints. my account has a two-factor authentication with Okta but it was unfortunate that the mobile app has been deleted from the phone. It is difficult;t now to log in to my account and I can't link it back. I really need your quick response
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: okta

Post by jdlessley »

Agutony wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:49 am Hello members, I am a member of the church of jesus christ of the latter saints. my account has a two-factor authentication with Okta but it was unfortunate that the mobile app has been deleted from the phone. It is difficult;t now to log in to my account and I can't link it back. I really need your quick response
Get the Global Services Department telephone number from your ward clerk. Call them and they can remove the two-factor authentication.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Re: okta

Post by johnshaw »

You might try accessing the https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org website where you originally turned on the two-factor. There is supposed to be a secureID for OKTA that you should've kept that can disable it, or get you going. I don't have it so I'm not sure what kind of screen would come up, but if you hit that site it might have an option for you to figure out the issue.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Church Account”