All markings/notes have disappeared

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
LauraClayton

All markings/notes have disappeared

Post by LauraClayton »

I've just returned from 2 weeks away from Wi-Fi/email, only to discover that there is a new update. Checking my scripture notes, I've discovered that ALL of my years worth of notes there and elsewhere have disappeared! That includes all markings of scriptures, conference talks, etc. I'm panicking here! Is anyone else dealing with this? What can I do?

P.S. I've noticed that my markings and notes are still available on my phone app, however.

Laura Clayton
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: All markings/notes have disappeared

Post by lajackson »

LauraClayton wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:11 am I'm panicking here! Is anyone else dealing with this? What can I do?
Others have shared that this happens from time to time. They also share that everything will come back, usually in a few days. No panic needed. Just patience.

And no, there has never been an official explanation given.
LauraClayton

Post by LauraClayton »

Bless you for your comforting reply! I'll simply do as you suggest and be patient!
LauraClayton

Post by LauraClayton »

Okay, I think I've discovered the problem. When I returned from my trip and turned on my computer the other day I wasn't watching as the GL loaded. Today I did. Apparently while I was gone the system somehow changed and I am no longer signed into my account. No wonder I'm not seeing my notes!

When it began loading this morning it said "Sign-in failed. Please check credentials," and then brought up GL as if I were a newcomer. I'm assuming by "credentials" it means I need to sign in again, and yet (stupid question) where on earth is the sign in button? I'm looking everywhere and it's nowhere to be found! I'm feeling quite ignorant here to be asking such a basic question!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

LauraClayton wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:34 am Apparently while I was gone the system somehow changed
Sometimes a new version requires a new sign in. In the triple-dot menu at the top right (Android) try Settings and then look under Account. This would certainly explain why you are not seeing your notes.
LauraClayton

Post by LauraClayton »

Thank you. I'd previously checked the triple dots menu (on my PC ... the notes are still showing up on my GL phone app), and there was no sign-in option. Today, however, I checked it again and noticed there was a download option there, and I thought that perhaps it might download the notes, so I downloaded but it didn't solve the problem.
LauraClayton

Post by LauraClayton »

I've figured it out. The sign in feature was elsewhere.

Now, because I downloaded the app all over again, it shows that I have no markings or notes made. Grrrrr. Doubt I'll be able to get them back.
LauraClayton

Post by LauraClayton »

Happy news. All restored on it's own. I'm so very relieved and thankful!

Return to “Gospel Library”