printing temple recommends with signature

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
cenglish1

printing temple recommends with signature

Post by cenglish1 »

I used to be able to issue a youth temple recommend and then print it, and it would include the bishopric member's name who did the interview. Now it prints without the bishopric member's name. This isn't a huge deal, but I can't print it until the interview is over and I have approval, and by the time our slow printer prints the recommend, he is in with the next interview so we have to wait for him to finish to get signature. Is there a way to print youth recommends with the Bishopric member's name printed?
bburgess

Re: printing temple recommends with signature

Post by bburgess »

I am trying to find the answer to this, too. Our temple recommends used to print the leader name as well, up until about 2 months ago. Now all the name lines are blank. That is the case for the Proxy Baptism recommend, at least, I haven't noticed recently if the names are printed for the full temple recommend or not.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

It seems currently that digital signatures are not available for limited-use recommends. If you check out the following FAQ, the question "May I sign the recommend using a digital signature?" is answered with "No, both the priesthood leader and the member should sign recommends by hand." The FAQ is dated Sep 21, 2022, so perhaps the system wasn't aligned with this policy until recently?

Limited-Use Recommends Frequently Asked Questions

As a personal aside, I think it might be good for the busy Bishop to stick around the extra minute and wait for the recommend to print, and sign it together with the youth. I think that's a great part of the experience with the youth, and could be of benefit to show that he values this part of the process, just like he hopes the youth values what it means to sign the recommend. But just my two cents ;)
screetpiring

Post by screetpiring »

bburgess wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:54 am I am trying to find the answer to this, too. Our temple recommends used to print the leader name as well, up until about 2 months ago. Now all the name lines are blank. survivor io That is the case for the Proxy Baptism recommend, at least, I haven't noticed recently if the names are printed for the full temple recommend or not.
I'm also facing the same situation as you. All name lines are now blank. I wonder if digital signatures are being restricted?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I wonder if digital signatures are being restricted?
Did you read the post immediately before yours? The linked FAQ answers your question.

Return to “Clerk Computers”