Governemnt Certifications ...

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
flashfletch

Governemnt Certifications ...

Post by flashfletch »

I am a 'new' Ward Clerk, at least to LCR.

I am trying to make sense of the way the Government Certifications page(s) (Australia) provides information on members with/out certifications, including expired certifications ... Looking at the 'Expiring Soon' list seems to work OK. I can handle that.

But when I go to the 'Expired' list it shows me MANY of our current leaders as having expired certifications. Yet when I go to the 'Active' list they all appear there as well, with active certifications (maybe different from the expired ones?)!?

Am I as Clerk (or the Bishop ...) allowed/able to delete any expired and superceded certifications so that I don't have people showing up in more than one list?

Surely the list of members with 'expired' certifications should be checked for new certifications ...?

Finally, is there somewhere that describes how to do this that I haven't found yet?
caillines

Re: Governemnt Certifications ...

Post by caillines »

flashfletch wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:11 pm But when I go to the 'Expired' list it shows me MANY of our current leaders as having expired certifications. Yet when I go to the 'Active' list they all appear there as well, with active certifications (maybe different from the expired ones?)!?

Am I as Clerk (or the Bishop ...) allowed/able to delete any expired and superceded certifications so that I don't have people showing up in more than one list?
Do not delete expired ones. They are required for ensuring we can show historical compliance with regulations.

A copy of an email we received on 9th November from the Church's Child Safeguarding Assistant is below:
I’ve had quite a few emails asking if past or expiring working with children check records can be deleted from LCR as they are appearing in the Expiring Report when run, Please DO NOT delete any record, these records are required by state and territory legislature and may be required at a later date.
I have escalated this issue to HQ for a fix and am hoping this is resolved quickly. If you can work through this and not delete any records please.
If you have deleted any records, these are still archived and should be reset at a later date.
Another issue (that you'll probably not see at the ward level) is that even though it flags stake callings, there is no way to check the reports for stake callings, and essentially need to hope that ward clerks are on their toes, or wait until we get the weekly report that the church office in Australia emails out.
Finally, is there somewhere that describes how to do this that I haven't found yet?
The best way at the moment is to stay a month or so ahead using the "expiring soon" report, the second based way is to go through organisation by organisation so you don't need to worry about members without callings.
flashfletch

Re: Governemnt Certifications ...

Post by flashfletch »

Thanks caillines.

Not the answer I was hoping for but I guess that I just have to work with it and hope a solution is published soon ...

Another problem has arisen with this same batch: One of those who have no current certification is a serving police officer but I see no way of listing them as 'Exempt' ...

Belay that. I think I have managed to sort this one out.

Thanks again caillines. I have to have patience :roll:

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”