Attendance in LDS Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
robert.l.mayo

Attendance in LDS Tools

Post by robert.l.mayo »

My wife and I have a problem with trying to record attendance for YW and YM. We both have Androids with the current Member Tools installed (no updates needed in the App Store).
Previously to the last tools update, it worked great.

Member Tools >> Reports >> Class and Quorum Attendance

However, when we tried today (13 Aug), my wife's phone only allowed her to record attendance between 25 Jun - 23 Jul.
My phone will only allow me to record attendance between 12 Mar - 9 Apr.

I do not see where we can change the date to record.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
garystroble

Re: Attendance in LDS Tools

Post by garystroble »

robert.l.mayo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:55 am My wife and I have a problem with trying to record attendance for YW and YM. We both have Androids with the current Member Tools installed (no updates needed in the App Store).
Previously to the last tools update, it worked great.

Member Tools >> Reports >> Class and Quorum Attendance

However, when we tried today (13 Aug), my wife's phone only allowed her to record attendance between 25 Jun - 23 Jul.
My phone will only allow me to record attendance between 12 Mar - 9 Apr.

I do not see where we can change the date to record.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
When that happens click out of the attendance and back in again and the date range should change. You may have to do it multiple times to get where you wish to be.
anneliddicott

Post by anneliddicott »

I also have this problem. And have tried the above advice with no change

I can only get attendance up to Aug 6
robert.l.mayo

Post by robert.l.mayo »

anneliddicott wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:08 am I also have this problem. And have tried the above advice with no change
I have tried the above advice off and on for the past week. There is no change in app behavior. I cannot change the weeks to be displayed. If anyone else has another method or if I am supposed to swipe or click something to change the dates, please let me know. I am at an impasse.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Try this: Log out and back in. Or, log out, delete all data (from Android settings) and the log back in.

No idea if it will work, but log out/in tends to re-download information rather than trying to sync it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The latest Member Tools version (current 4.9.0 released 8 Aug 2023) is supported on Android version 6.0 and later. Any Android version earlier than that will experience issues. If you have Android 6.0 or later and are experiencing the attendance reporting issue discussed in this thread then send feedback using the in-app Help > Send Feedback feature.

Similar to russellhltn's suggestion I have found that when I experience issues with the app following and update of the app that signing out and signing back into it forces a reset of data. Others have had to resort to deleting the app and reinstalling the app.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Signing out and back in worked for me this time. (Android phone)
zmaj101

Post by zmaj101 »

I frequently have this problem. Wish they would fix it. Right now, it's Oct. 15. For the last two weeks, the latest date in the app is Oct. 1. I end up having to record attendance on the website instead.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if the issue is related to syncing. Without a sync, the available dates may not advance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robert.l.mayo

Post by robert.l.mayo »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:42 pm I wonder if the issue is related to syncing. Without a sync, the available dates may not advance.
No. I tried syncing. Over WIFI and over cell - no change to the behavior. The only thing that works (about ~50%) is logging out and then back in on the app. It is frustrating.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”