Receiving emails from oracle platform

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
bstone81

Receiving emails from oracle platform

Post by bstone81 »

I'm a coordinator over senior service missionaries in the Salt Lake Area and I had one of my newly called missionaries contact me about two emails he had received and wanted to know if they are from the Church and related to his new mission calling.

They are being sent from: <epej.fa.sender@workflow.mail.us2.cloud.oracle.com>

Can someone in tech support verify if this email address is associated with the Church, and if so, encourage the department sending these to have Church identifying information so that receivers know that it is Church related.

Thanks,

Brad Stone
Senior Missionary Coordinator
SLC - Southeast UT Group
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Receiving emails from oracle platform

Post by rmrichesjr »

Being as this is just a user-to-user discussion forum rather than an official support channel, there's no guarantee anyone who knows the answer or can do something to remedy the situation will ever see this. The likelihood of getting an authoritative answer and/or someone who can tell Oracle what to do will be better if you use an official support channel. Unfortunately, I don't know who/where/what that might be.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd be inclined to ignore it and wait for someone to either instruct or complain.

I did a web search on that email and ended up on a oraclecloud.com web page, but it doesn't seem right. I'd be leery that it's a spoofed page.

If someone complains, just tell them the email didn't come from a church domain and so you considered it a spoof.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rgilles007

Post by rgilles007 »

Has anyone responded to this ?
I just got simuler email from "epej.fa.sender@workflow.mail.us2.cloud.oracle.com" , asking questions and wnating me to open URL links within the email. It came about the same time I received a training request from the Church.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

These come from the Church Workforce HR "AtWork" system. Any questions can be directed to your manager or local HR rep for your position.
alicynara

Post by alicynara »

I have no idea who is sending this to me and I am wondering if there is a way to find out if it is legitimate, I am not going to sign into something that doesn't look like the church's branding.

Subject: FYI: Tasks in [name removed]'s First Week journey on 2024-03-28.
Date: March 28, 2024 at 2:37:08 PM MDT
To: [email address removed]
Reply-To: [email address removed]

Hello, [name removed]

You have new tasks.

The tasks listed here are assigned for [name removed]'s First Week journey.

Action Required

Task Due Date Required Details
Welcome Video No Details
Welcome! We are so glad you are here No Details
Standard Volunteer Disclosure Yes Details
Update Emergency Contact No Details
Update Contact Information and Address No Details
Leadership Pattern No Details
FYI

Task Due Date Performer Status

Here is a link that Chat GPT offered me when I tried to do som digging around to figure what to do next: [link removed]

Here is the counsel I received from the lead missionary that oversees me:

I’ve never seen this, nor received one of these myself. I’m thinking it must have to do with your mission. Since it’s only 1 thing, I suggest you do it. Or, perhaps you could reply and ask them about it.

Elder and Sister [name removed]

Program Coordinators

[mission name removed] Mission

[program name removed] Program

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

[phone number and name removed]

[phone number and name removed]

[email address removed]
[subdomain name removed].churchofjesuschrist.org

Can you please advise us?

Thank you!
[name removed]

[Moderator edit: Removed all names, email addresses, phone numbers, and links.]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

alicynara wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:53 pm I have no idea who is sending this to me and I am wondering if there is a way to find out if it is legitimate, I am not going to sign into something that doesn't look like the church's branding.

This is a public forum, so all names, email addresses, phone numbers, and links have been removed for the safety of those involved. This is a user-to-user discussion forum, so nobody here has any official ability to resolve issues or answer questions authoritatively.

Please read the post immediately before yours. Reportedly, the email messages in question are from a company the Church has employed to handle some logistics for employees, and apparently for some missionaries.

Asking your mission overseer was/is a good option. If I understood your post correctly, the mission overseer had not been informed about this type of email message would be coming. It would probably be a good idea to send feedback that the apparent communication failure at some point in the chain needs to be fixed. If you want an official answer through official channels, you might ask your mission office to ask the GSD or other official points of contact.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”