Bug sync'ing all day events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
peparsons

Bug sync'ing all day events

Post by peparsons »

I've found that all day events are not sync'ing correctly. They appear a day early in Google Calendar.
I'm in the UK and this is happening in BST (which is our summer daylight saving time).
After we revert to GMT at the end of October, it's OK.
I've reported this and received the following response:

"Thank you for reporting this issue. We have determined that the issue where all-day events do not sync properly to external calendars such as, Google Calendar, iCal, Caldendly, etc. is affecting most units and have reported it to the Calendar developers who are looking into possible solutions. We appreciate your patience as the developers identify and implement a solution."
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Bug sync'ing all day events

Post by lajackson »

Another thing that happens regularly in Member Tools is that all day Church events display on two consecutive days if you do not live in the mountain time zone. I have also reported this through Member Tools feedback (with no response).

The bottom line is that it appears daylight saving time is still very much a thing that the Calendar team has never been able to conquer. Or perhaps in this case it is the Member Tools team.

Return to “Calendar”