Unable to use search in Tech Forum

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
SReitter

Unable to use search in Tech Forum

Post by SReitter »

Newer Clerk here.

When I try to search at the top of the page I get the following message: Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system.

Any thoughts to a resolution? (I tried to search but it obviously failed)
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to use search in Tech Forum

Post by rmrichesjr »

I don't recall having personally heard of that symptom before. There's a chance it might be caused by the cookie buildup problem. If you try private/incognito mode and are able to use it, clearing your browser cache and deleting relevant cookies might help. Otherwise, make a few more (non-duplicate, on-topic) posts, and that might help.
scottaldous

Post by scottaldous »

I'm having the same problem. An incognito window didn't help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure you're logged into the forum and not just the church web page. I believe search is disabled if you're not logged in due to bots abusing it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Attached is an example of being logged into the church website (initials in the "orb"), but not in the forum ("Login" appears instead of user name).
ForumLogin.JPG
ForumLogin.JPG (12.13 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Help with this forum”