Downloading Gospel Library App

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

Zigatron

Downloading Gospel Library App

Post by Zigatron »

I had the Gospel Library downloaded on my Dell Vostro laptop. It stopped working, so I thought I could uninstall it and then just reinstall to get it going again. I successfully uninstalled it, but now I cannot get it to install again. On Microsoft Store, the app will never upon. On Amazon, it says I already own this app, but there is nothing that lets me add it to another device. On Google Play, it also says I own it and asks if I want to add it to an additional device, but it tells me that there are no additional devices available. I loved having it on my laptop and used it all the time. It is still on my Samsung Android phone, but I can't get it back on this laptop. I can use the online version, but it was so convenient just to tap the app icon and open it up.

Can someone smarter than me please help?!?!
carsonm

Re: Downloading Gospel Library App

Post by carsonm »

From what you have described, it sounds like you are running Windows 11.

Instead of just trying to uninstall and then reinstall the Gospel LIbrary app for Windows app try the following.

1) Go to Settings (for Windows)
2) in the search area of the settings type " installed apps" and hit enter
3) Find the Gospel Libray app and then on the right side where you see "...." left click on it and choose advanced options.
4) in the advanced options for the app, you will see "terminate" "repair" and "reset"
5) Starting with Terminate, you can choose it, wait a little bit for Windows to process it and then see if you can lauch the app.
6) If that does not work, then try repair first, then reset, each time allowing a little time for Windows to process and then trying to lauch the app after each action.

Some times (not all the time needed) after a major update installs I have seen when doing this resolves the issue of the first time lauch.

FYI: version 6.4.x.x is a bit different on the top section than previous versions, so it make take a little bit to adjust.

FYI : #2 The Amazon app store verison that you mentioned is differant and looks quite detailed to get it to work, so I would recommend trying the steps above to get the Windows version to work.

Hope this informaiton is helpful.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”