YEXT and new "local.churchofjesuschrist.org" listings

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
jdavis6031

YEXT and new "local.churchofjesuschrist.org" listings

Post by jdavis6031 »

In getting started with customizing generic listings. I find that the local.churchofjesuschrist.org listings have an info box that is directly on top of the picture of the local building. Is there any way or any person that would have access to adjust this info box so that pictures of our local buildings would be more recognizable? The best I can currently do in Yext is to move the building up to the point of being able to see the bottom of the roof line and the area around the building.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: YEXT and new "local.churchofjesuschrist.org" listings

Post by russellhltn »

jdavis6031 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:06 pm In getting started with customizing generic listings. I find that the local.churchofjesuschrist.org listings have an info box that is directly on top of the picture of the local building.
I'm not seeing that. I did see a generic church building, but not a local one.

A letter went out to all stake presidencies and bishoprics on January 12, 2023 asking them to assign someone to handle Yext. Preferably, it would be someone with the Stake Communication Council. However, the letter left unclear just how they would gain access to Yext. Perhaps by going though the area communication council who they're supposed to coordinate with.

I visited with our stake communication council and they did indicate the need to get photos with no people to use on some site. So, I'm guessing the photos are locally provided.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdavis6031

Re: YEXT and new "local.churchofjesuschrist.org" listings

Post by jdavis6031 »

There will be an area communication coordinating council that will direct the stakes how to access Yext. Within Yext there are many details; pictures, comments, contact info, etc. that can update the generic (local.) webpage as well as updating many other outlets. I am already in Yext. there is just no access that I see to realign details of the page...

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”