Importing references into EndNote

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
ebrimhall

Importing references into EndNote

Post by ebrimhall »

I utilize a reference manager (I use EndNote) for my professional work, and it is a wonderful and powerful tool for the science and legal resources I use in my professional life. It occurs to me that this could also be used in my gospel study as a powerful means to find, reference and utilize gospel resources in my personal study and even in the preparation of gospel lessons when I lead discussions / teach (my current calling in the Elder's Quorum and Sunday School). Is there a means by which gospel resources (for example, General Conference talks, BYU devotionals, etc.) can be imported into EndNote? In my professional work there is generally an "export reference" icon. Does something like this exist on the church website? If so, I have not been able to find it. Thank you.
mevans

Re: Importing references into EndNote

Post by mevans »

I'm not familiar with EndNote, but I took a very quick look at the website...not long enough to understand what the tool really does. It seems it's a tool for bibliographies?
Would the church content need to be in EndNote for this to work? Or is it just a tool that lets you reference things you find on the web?
If you're trying to get copyrighted church content in the tool, I would think EndNote would need to license the content from the church. However, at the price point, I don't believe the tool would have any licensed content. It probably just helps you keep your references to things you find, correct?

Can you provide more technical details on what EndNote needs to create a reference? For example, what does "export reference" do in other tools? That might help us figure out if there's a way to help you work with the tool on the church website.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”