Doctrinal Mastery App

stoutnat

Doctrinal Mastery App

Post by stoutnat »

I was able to add new scriptures to the Doctrinal Mastery app once and now it is not letting me. I thought it might have been my phone so I deleted the app and redownload it but that made all my previous added scriptures disappear. I made sure my phone was recent with updates too but it’s still not working. I just recently tried with a device not connected to mine and it’s not working also. Is this a bug or intentional with the new update they had a month ago?
calvinwells

Re: Doctrinal Mastery App

Post by calvinwells »

I'm having the same issue and came here seeking answers. I hope it gets sorted out soon. I also wish we had the option of having the imported scriptures appear reference-first, instead of having the scripture text presented first, if you understand what I'm trying to say. Anyway, best of luck finding an answer. If I figure anything out I'll come back here and post.
joshhardman

Post by joshhardman »

I’m unfortunately having the same issue as well. Used to work great. Went in tonight to add some new scriptures and no matter how many times I try, it won’t work. Hope it’s fixed soon as it’s a fantastic way to memorize scriptures!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Be sure to send feedback using the feedback option in the app!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
michael.willis

Post by michael.willis »

I'm having the same problem. I sent in feedback but am not hearing anything.
jkwhittle01

Post by jkwhittle01 »

Same 😢
kidsaremusic

Post by kidsaremusic »

I’m having the same problem on my iPhone also. I’m very sad because this looks like a really cool app to use to try and memorize quotes and other things. I’m trying to memorize The Living Christ and not able to use this app. 😞
tayopi

Post by tayopi »

I’m also experiencing a similar issue. I fear that the D. Mastery app may not be receiving as much attention as the Gospel Library or Member Tools apps.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tayopi wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:56 am I’m also experiencing a similar issue. I fear that the D. Mastery app may not be receiving as much attention as the Gospel Library or Member Tools apps.
Not surprising considering the limited number of developers and their daily developing priorities are out of their control and determined for them, unlike commercial developer teams and companies.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
elhermano

Post by elhermano »

I posted a similar concern and was told that perhaps contacting the local Seminary teacher or bishop and stake president with the concern may facilitate getting the message to the people who can help, after all it is designed for the seminary students. I hope it helps because I love this app and have also lost all of my personally entered verses in an attempt to fix this issue.

Unfortunately giving feedback from within the app has resulted in absolutely nothing. I have tried several times. This is an issue that has been happening since the last update.

God bless the developers and those directing their work. I am sure they are extremely busy and if paid anything, it's probably not much for all the hard work they do.

Return to “Mobile Applications”