need second Crab Box

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
NDMayes

need second Crab Box

Post by NDMayes »

I have read over a few post discussing how each building is issued one crab box, but if we need a second one, how do I go about requesting that? Is it even a possibility?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: need second Crab Box

Post by russellhltn »

Ask FM. However, they may charge you. They're not cheap.

Depending on what's being done, there's cheaper options for specific needs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

The Emtech Audio EJ-8 and EJ-10 crab boxes can be purchased on ebay for $40-$100
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CalS201 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:47 pm The Emtech Audio EJ-8 and EJ-10 crab boxes can be purchased on ebay for $40-$100
Kind of makes me wonder where they came from. I'd take a EJ-8 over a EJ-10 any day, but MSRP is $282.

The main advantage of a crab box is that you're ready for anything. But the only reasons I can think of for a building to need more than one is either wards that can't share or two events routinely going on at the same time. (But perhaps I'm lacking in imagination.) For the latter, there's any number of simpler, smaller, cheaper products that will do the job. I know a few have been posted here, but I'm not finding them at a the moment.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

The Pyle PDC21 is a $13 direct injection box that isolates and converts a line level signal to a low impedance microphone level signal just like the Emtech EJ8 or EJ10. One noteable difference is the Emtech has a knob to adjust the audio level whereas the Pyle uses a 3 position switch (0db, -db, -40db)

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PDC21-Pyle- ... 0027V760M/
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

The $60 Rolls DB14 is a 2 input (stereo) version of a direct injection box that isolates and converts line level signals to microphone level. It has a level adjust knob for each input.

https://www.amazon.com/rolls-DB14B-Roll ... 0006NAMFE/
RyanGard1977

Post by RyanGard1977 »

Why the need for a second crab box?
Ryan Gardner

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”