Sunday School President access to training content on Gospel Library

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
opee

Sunday School President access to training content on Gospel Library

Post by opee »

I discovered today that the Sunday School President does not have access to all of the training content the the other members of the Ward Council have. He cannot access the "Stake and Ward Council Materials", but can access the "Leadership Instruction Summaries". All other members (Primary, EQ, RS, YW, WML, Bishopric) can access both. When a link was sent to him to content in that folder, he could not access. He was logged in to his Church Account...as some members were not able to see the "Stake and Ward Council Materials" when they were not logged in.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... n?lang=eng

Any thoughts on why a SS President wouldn't have access? [I have sent feedback on the website also...]
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 9.10.04 PM.png
caillines

Re: Sunday School President access to training content on Gospel Library

Post by caillines »

Are there any other leadership related of the church website he can't access? For example can he see the reports in LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

opee wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:13 pm Any thoughts on why a SS President wouldn't have access?
Just the standard, make sure it's his MRN that's on the account he's using. Also make sure that MRN is the one that's in the standard position.

The MRN is the key for access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
opee

Post by opee »

@russellhltn, he is using his Church ID, attached to his MRN.
@caillines, I will check if there are other sites that restrict access.
Help Desk recommended logging out and logging back in. And clearing cookies. I haven't heard if that worked or not.
cipsen.87

Post by cipsen.87 »

I too am experiencing the same issue as the Stake primary President. And I have gone in and made sure my MRN is associated with my account and that still didn't help me gain access to the "Stake and Ward Council Materials." My husband is the ward Sunday School President and did have access to those materials under his account. This is super frustrating. Any help is appreciated! Thanks
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

If others find this Thread and are having issues with access via the Gospel Library app, this is what worked for me. I understand that the O.P. is having problems with the website access to Gospel Library, so my reponse is not applicable to that situation.

I was able to see the "Stake and Ward Council Materials" in English, but not in Spanish (?!?). I ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling Gospel Library, and then I had complete access as expected.

As suggested, others have found that signing out and signing back in has the same effect for them, as uninstalling then reinstalling the app. You could definitely try that first.

The reason I uninstalled then reinstalled is that I have found over the years of using Gospel Library, that there seems to be many circumstances where data simply will not sync to my local app even after logging out then back in, or with data refreshing (and it's even worse, at least for me, with Tools). So if something's not working, I take the opportunity to completely reinstall the app, since my expectation is there's likely other items that I haven't realized that also haven't fully synced, so the reinstall resolves even what I haven't noticed yet.

Again, this is specific to app access, and not applicable to anyone having issues with the Church website and access to the "Stake and Ward Council Materials" under the Gospel Library section there.
davesariah

Post by davesariah »

I am stake primary president too and also do not have access to the Stake and Ward Council Materials. This is frustrating because we were assigned to review the videos there in preparation for Stake Council tomorrow night. My husband is currently ward activities chair, and does not have access either.

Perhaps they need to review which callings will be in Stake Council and make sure that all involved are given appropriate access.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I am stake primary president too and also do not have access to the Stake and Ward Council Materials
Just for clarity, you have tried accessing the materials through the Church website, and not just through the Gospel Library app? The letter states that the "materials can be accessed by stake and ward leaders", so you should definitely fall into that category. Per GHB 20.2.1, I believe ward activities chair is an optional calling since EQ & RS activity coordinators exist, so I wouldn't expect that to fall into the ward leader category.

If the website access isn't working, I'd definitely try the standard suggestion of using private/incognito mode on your web browser, as cookie buildup sometimes has these types of unexpected effects.
davesariah

Post by davesariah »

I have only tried on the website, not on my phone
davesariah

Post by davesariah »

Actually, my phone is signed in and also can't access it. Checked with the Stake Relief Society President during Stake Council and her phone shows the training while mine does not.

Return to “Gospel Library”