Spam Message Sent Using Maps Services

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Jhondon

Re: Spam Message Sent Using Maps Services

Post by Jhondon »

I recived the same message:

Dear Bishop ...,
Thank you for your quick response to my email.
I know that my message may come to you as a surprise. Nevertheless, I humbly ask you to give me your attention and hear me. I am writing this message to you with heavy sorrow in my heart; I have chosen to reach you through the internet because it still remains the best medium of communication for me.
My name is Mrs. Sarah Carlyle. I am 76 years old and a British citizen. I am currently hospitalized in a private hospital here in Abidjan, the capital city of Cote d'Ivoire as a result of cancer. I was diagnosed with cancer about 4 years ago. Now, it is clear that I’m approaching the last-days of my life because my doctor told me that I would not last for the next 3 Months.
I have some funds inherited from my late husband, the sum of US$ 3,800,000 which he deposited with a bank in Abidjan. I am looking for an honest and God fearing person that can use these funds for charity work and I am willing to give you 15% out of the total funds as your compensation for doing this work.
Please let me know if you are able to do this work so that I will give you more detail on how it could be done.
I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality and trust in this matter to accomplish my heart's desire as I don't want anything that will jeopardize my last wish.
In Christ,
Mrs. Sarah Carlyle.
manuelhuerta

Post by manuelhuerta »

I just recieved the same mail, thank you for sharing your concerns, I realized now this is a SPAM.
Best regards.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

For those of you getting this spam message, please report it to the Global Services Department (GSD) so they can pass the information on for review.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
CrocodileLyle

Post by CrocodileLyle »

I just received the same message. Sounds like they are fishing with other wards now too.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”