Podium Microphone cover?

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
zachunderwood

Podium Microphone cover?

Post by zachunderwood »

My meeting house sacrament podium microphone cover has gone missing. Any ideas how I get a new one? Is there a make/model I can order?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Podium Microphone cover?

Post by lajackson »

zachunderwood wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:33 am My meeting house sacrament podium microphone cover has gone missing. Any ideas how I get a new one? Is there a make/model I can order?
Let your FM Group know through the Physical Facilities Representative (PFR), who is probably a high councilor. A member of your bishopric will also be able to report it using FIR.

The FM Group takes care of the microphones in meetinghouses.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Podium mics have covers? I don't recall seeing one. I don't think our FM group got any.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RyanGard1977

Post by RyanGard1977 »

I've been to several hundred meetinghouses and have never once seen a cover... That's a one off so I wouldn't expect it to get replaced. I wonder if a member at that building decided to fashion a cover of some sort to donate, or found a cover of some sort and thought that it might work well to cover the podium to discourage children from playing around with the mic and podium stuff.
Ryan Gardner
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I thought they were talking about the small foam windscreen
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
RyanGard1977

Post by RyanGard1977 »

If so, those foam windscreens/p-traps are not part of the new microphones anymore. The new ones I have been installing from Audio Technica do not come with them and i haven't seem them in quite some time.
Ryan Gardner
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

My apologies to zachunderwood who posted the original question. He included links to two photographs with his post that, as a moderator, I deleted because the links also displayed commercial content that is not acceptable at the forum. If he would like to post the photographs or links again, one of the moderators will try to strip the actual pictures out of the links and allow them to display here.

This was not a foam windscreen cover and was larger than the microphones seen in most chapels today. It appeared that a hard cover or wire mesh cover was missing from the microphone assembly that protected the inner workings of the microphone. I would expect that the FM Group would know what type of microphone it was and be able to assist in a replacement. That is why I recommended contacting them.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”