Unable to sign in

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rskildum

Unable to sign in

Post by rskildum »

Since over a week ago I have not been sync or log in to my Gospel Library on my Samsung Tablet. When I try after putting in my username and hitting next it says "Unable to sign in. Please try again". It never gives me a screen to enemy password.

My login works fine on my PC and phone.

Android 7.0
Gospel library version 6.6.2-(662000.1168416)
greg.walters

Re: Unable to sign in

Post by greg.walters »

I am having the same problem. Sadly I did a factory reset on my Samsung tablet hoping that would fix the problem. No such luck. What I initially noticed about a week and a half ago was that the app said I hadn't synced for three days. I was signed in at that time. I signed out and have never been able to sign back in. Still works fine on my Google Pixel 3 phone.
rskildum

Post by rskildum »

After I made the post above I realized I have the same problem with the LDS tools app also. What really confuses me it that it never asks for the password before giving the "Unable to sign in. Please try again" message. Greg, is that what you are seeing also? I am glad you told me you tried doing factory reset your tablet because that is what I was going to do next. I wonder if it is do to a update to the apps that is not compatible to the Samsung tablets?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

greg.walters wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:30 pm I am having the same problem. Sadly I did a factory reset on my Samsung tablet hoping that would fix the problem. No such luck. What I initially noticed about a week and a half ago was that the app said I hadn't synced for three days. I was signed in at that time. I signed out and have never been able to sign back in. Still works fine on my Google Pixel 3 phone.
The current version of the app (6.6.2) should support Android 6 and up.

Is your tablet also on Android 7?

Do either of you have any system updates that need to be installed?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
greg.walters

Post by greg.walters »

Yes, I have the same problem with the app. My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700). There are no new updates available. My android version is 6.0.1. Interestingly, my wife has the exact same tablet and hers is working fine. Both of us are on Library version 6.6.2-(662000.1168416)
greg.walters

Post by greg.walters »

I have the same problem with the tools app
greg.walters

Post by greg.walters »

Is there anything on the back end that could be cleared out?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure your Google apps/play store is up to date. As I recall the church apps depend on some items supplied by Google. At least on my phone, the Play Store is updated in settings next to the update for Android.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rskildum

Post by rskildum »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:00 am Make sure your Google apps/play store is up to date. As I recall the church apps depend on some items supplied by Google. At least on my phone, the Play Store is updated in settings next to the update for Android.
From what i can find everthing is up to date.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

See if you can log in on your wife's tablet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”