Changing a Unit Address on Meetinghouse Locator

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
griffijw

Changing a Unit Address on Meetinghouse Locator

Post by griffijw »

Brand new, minty fresh Stake Clerk here. Deer in the headlights.

Had a bishop reach out tonight needing me to update the unit address for his ward. "Unit Information" in LCR only allows me to adjust meeting times, not location. On the Meetinghouse Locator page for his specific ward, I can only "Suggest a Change" via a dialogue box. Does anyone know of a way to make this change more immediately and without having to call SLC? (btw--this bishop claimed to have spoken to someone in the know at LDS HQ who told him a stake clerk should be able to make such a change via LCR).

Any help?

thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Changing a Unit Address on Meetinghouse Locator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm pretty sure that come from a database managed by FM. I have my doubts if the stake clerk can change it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:03 am I'm pretty sure that come from a database managed by FM. I have my doubts if the stake clerk can change it.
And the stake should have a high counselor assigned to interface with the FM group so he would be the first one I would go to. The stake doesn't own any of the buildings - all units are tenants in the buildings managed by the FM groups.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:17 pm And the stake should have a high counselor assigned to interface with the FM group so he would be the first one I would go to.
True, but with the FIR app, the assigned HC is bypassed in many (most?) situations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:21 pm
davesudweeks wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:17 pm And the stake should have a high counselor assigned to interface with the FM group so he would be the first one I would go to.
True, but with the FIR app, the assigned HC is bypassed in many (most?) situations.
That may be true, but his assignment is to interface with the FM group. He should have a contact he can reach out to regarding address corrections for buildings (to initiate the change or to request information on how it would be handled).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

While many things go right past the stake PF representative (a high councilor), he still should be getting copied on every FIR that is entered into the system.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I believe (but could be wrong) that there are likely two databases at play here, and that somebody somewhere will need to ensure both are updated. My guess is that the FM Group has a database with church building addresses, and that there's a separate database which the meetinghouse locator uses to provide addresses. If the stake was able to update the address, I don't know if there's an automated process for that to get pushed into what the FM Group uses. And likewise the other way around.

But perhaps there is a single unified database that once updated, everyone has access to the new building address, and I'd love to be wrong about my guess!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My information comes from past reported issues with the calendar. The calendar system uses a FM database to determine what wards are in what buildings. From the calendar help file, we learn that the database is called FMAT.

I would be rather surprised if the Meetinghouse Locater used a different non-synced database.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”