Adding or editing administrators

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
joejordan10

Adding or editing administrators

Post by joejordan10 »

Am I able to add or edit any of the administrators? I am trying to make our ward clerk and administrator in the Bishopric Circle. However, it does not allow me to edit administrators. How do I do this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Adding or editing administrators

Post by jdlessley »

joejordan10 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:06 am Am I able to add or edit any of the administrators?
What calling do you have? By default the bishop, 1st counselor, 2nd counselor, ward executive secretary, and ward clerk are default administrators. They can add others to the members of the circle. If you are in one of those calling positions you can add members to the circle. I am not certain you can add administrators. I tried to add another member "by calling" but eight minutes later I still had the never-ending in-progress icon just for the list of callings. I cancelled that and tried to add "by name". I got the list of member names; selected the name for our finance clerk; got "It may take a few minutes" message; and have been waiting over twenty minutes later with no results - yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

I tried adding the YSA Leader calling to the "Ward Council" circle (they come quite often, we want to include them), and after adding by a calling I haven't seen any updates to the ward council circle membership.

I'm the Ward Executive Secretary, btw.

At least right now, it appears that adding by calling might not be working?
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Update: I got it to work by adding the people directly (instead of by calling)
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Update: I got it to work by adding the people directly (instead of by calling)
Thanks so much for updating the thread with your solution! There's so many threads that are just "orphaned", and nobody knows if the proposed solutions worked, or if somebody figured out another solution, etc. Glad you got it to work, and glad you let us know!

Return to “Gospel Living App”