Who to contact...

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
gvine

Who to contact...

Post by gvine »

There’s going to be a brief Relief Society Devotional broadcast on March 17th. This page: (https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... ional-2024) says the brief prerecorded video will be available several days before the event.

Our Relief Society would like to show the video to coincide with a Relief Society meeting Tuesday, the 12th.

Who would we contact to find when this broadcast will be available then?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Who to contact...

Post by lajackson »

gvine wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:54 pm Our Relief Society would like to show the video to coincide with a Relief Society meeting Tuesday, the 12th.

Who would we contact to find when this broadcast will be available then?
Your clerk might give you the number to the broadcast department at Church headquarters. My uninformed guess is that the video will show up sometime later that week.

In your case, I think I would check on Tuesday afternoon to see if the video is there. If it is, you will be able to use it. If not, you will need to view it later. There is not really very much you can do otherwise.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Based on the regular pattern for Gospel Library content updates, I would guess it wouldn't be available in Gospel Library before Thursday. Other channels will probably be similar – Thursday or Friday.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
gvine

Post by gvine »

I appreciate the advice to contact our ward clerk. He suggested calling Global Services. According to the Global Service Center, the March 17th RS broadcast is not in their system yet and suggested calling back in February.

He also said broadcasts generally are available the Thursday, or Friday before the event so local units can get the broadcast ready—but I’m thinking because the article specifically mentions the prerecorded video being available earlier, there may be plans to have it ready for viewing earlier than Thursday, or Friday. I will call back in February. Thanks for all the help.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I will call back in February. Thanks for all the help.
And if you remember, could you also come back to the Forum and post the result? It would be helpful to know if this broadcast actually does appear earlier in the week, or if it also aligns with previous experience and doesn't show up until Thursday-ish.
gvine

Post by gvine »

Okay.
gvine

Post by gvine »

Sounds like the worldwide Relief Society devotional commemorating the 182nd anniversary of the organization of the Relief Society, will be available three days before Sunday, 17 Mar 2024.
GimmeFlowers

Post by GimmeFlowers »

Thank you for asking the question! I've been trying to figure out how we can stream the broadcast on the 17th in our assisted living branch. However, internet is not reliable plus we have a 92 year old sister needing the Portuguese language version. Being able to download the video to a laptop and use an HDMI cable to connect to the existing TV is optimal. I will also download the Portuguese version to a tablet and provide a headset for Sister M. This way, all the sisters can participate on the 17th without internet buffering!!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The Church website says the broadcast will be available to download on Friday, March 15th.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”