Converting the Family Search Center to a multipurpose Room?

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
Thyratronman

Converting the Family Search Center to a multipurpose Room?

Post by Thyratronman »

I am wondering if this is becoming common place in the Church? Our Stake Presidency has decided to make our FamilySearch Center into a Multi-purpose Room . They have moved a Piano, a Whiteboard and Chairs into the Center so that it becomes a choir room for the wards to use on Sunday. Originally everything was going to be cleared out of the room. We protested and the Stake compromised and installed lockable curtains so we can lock down the computers lined up on the counters on each side of the room on Sundays or when the Center is not open. So our sacred room has become cluttered with piano, chairs and white boards that we have to deal with each week so the room can be used one day a week. Is this becoming the standard throughout the Church??? Just curious. Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Converting the Family Search Center to a multipurpose Room?

Post by russellhltn »

Not standard, but not unheard of.

From what I've been hearing in the grapevine, the church is building temples like mad. Those temples need names. The church is starting to outreach to the community.

There's a redesign of the center slowing rolling out in a 3-year plan.

Hopefully that vision will reach your stake president sooner than later.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Thyratronman

Re: Converting the Family Search Center to a multipurpose Room?

Post by Thyratronman »

Thank you for your response, I hope we will be one of the centers to be updated before its too late ☹️

Return to “Family History Centers”