Cannot add new payees

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
AdamRules

Cannot add new payees

Post by AdamRules »

When I try to add new payees, it leads to a page that says

Code: Select all

Uh oh! We're Sorry ...
It looks like something went wrong which prevented the page you requested from displaying. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused!
Browsers I have tried:

* Google Chrome (on Windows and Android)
* Mozilla Firefox (on Windows)
* Microsoft Edge (on Windows)

I have tried two different Windows PCs, and my bishop has tried on his laptop. For MS Edge, it was also that browser's first visit to the site. I even set the site permissions to allow absolutely everything and it still fails.

My bishop was able to add the payee via some other means, but I really want this resolved. What can I do about this?

-Adam
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot add new payees

Post by russellhltn »

Just to be sure, you're a clerk and not clerk - membership, correct?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

If you are a clerk or clerk-finance as russellhltn mentions, then more details would be helpful.

At what point is this error page displayed? In LCRF, when you select the "Participants" tab? Or can you successfully do this, but when you click the "Add Participant" button it then shows the error? Or do you get further along in the process before it fails?
AdamRules

Post by AdamRules »

I am the Ward financial clerk, and I have added payees in the past. This has been a problem for me for the past few months. I impacts both myself and my bishop. I do not know if it impacts everyone, or just the two of us. My bishop was able to add the payee using the participants page. He said that he would show me how to use that page this weekend.

This happens when I try to add a new payee when entering a new expense. In the payee drop-down, there is a blue button to add a new payee.
Screenshot 2024-01-31 085324.jpg
When I select that, a few text fields open up below the payee line. Above those fields is a radio button that lets me select member or nonmember. When I switch to nonmember, it lets me add in information for that payee. In this case, it is a landlord. I enter the name, phone number, email, address, and hit Add Payee.
Screenshot 2024-01-31 085503.jpg
That takes me to the "Uh oh" page.
Screenshot 2024-01-31 085744.jpg
Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to use this method of adding a payee?
Last edited by AdamRules on Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

That sounds like a common issue that happens on Sundays during peak load times. There is nothing going wrong on your end. It is what many of us experience during the high server loads on Sunday. Our finance clerk has resorted to using the system, when possible, during youth mutual night on Wednesdays for fast offering assistance payments.

If you are experiencing that on weekdays then there may be other issues at work. Internet connectivity or network issues may need to be investigated.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
theboom92

Post by theboom92 »

I am seeing the same issue. I saw this on Feb 4th 2024 and again today on Feb 6th. I get the same page. I also thought it was due to the Sunday load but not the case since it is now Tuesday evening an still I am getting the same results. Please help us resolve this issue.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Without any additional information to help it looks like you will have to call the GSD.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
craigbates

Post by craigbates »

We are getting the same thing - I am at BYU-Idaho and the only clerk for a singles ward so I have same rights as Ward Clerk, Finance Clerk, and Membership Clerk. Same Error Message.

Have recruited the Stake Finance Clerk and he gets that error message at his level today when he tries to add a Payee.

Sounds like a fix is in order as this is not something we are all doing wrong.
mpiquet

Post by mpiquet »

Same thing happened to me yesterday (Sunday the 18th) and today. I was able to add the payee through the participants screen (great tip, thanks!). Then I could enter on the expenses screen as normal.
ksteurer

Post by ksteurer »

This is happening in our ward as well. It happened about a month ago, and again today. Has anyone tried calling GSC to see what they recommend / advise?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”