AI read the Book of Mormon to me

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
mdwk

AI read the Book of Mormon to me

Post by mdwk »

I use Microsoft CoPilot a lot. It is a great tool. I asked it to read to me from the Book of Mormon. It read exactly the chapters I asked for in an excellent manner. The next day CoPilot refused to read it to me on the grounds of safety. On digging deeper I found it risks legal action when reading copyrighted material.

Will someone contact Microsoft and provide legal authorization for their AI to read the book?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: AI read the Book of Mormon to me

Post by jdlessley »

The Terms of Use has contact information to address situations such as this. It is your obligation to read and abide with the terms as outlined. Third party permission to use copyrighted material will have to be addressed by Intellectual Reserve. Inc. (IRI).
For further assistance or information regarding Church trademarks and
copyrighted materials, you may contact the Church's Intellectual Property
Office at:

Phone: 801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
Fax: 801-240-1187
E-mail: cor-intellectualproperty@ChurchofJesusChrist.org
Your post will not be seen by IRI people to initiate any action or review. You will need to contact them and start the dialogue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Cmanrogers

Re: AI read the Book of Mormon to me

Post by Cmanrogers »

Earlier editions of the Book of Mormon (like the original) are now public domain, perhaps the AI would be willing to read that edition if you could do so.
Christian Rogers

Return to “Digital Media”