LCR Temple Recommend Status vs Quarterly Report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
null

LCR Temple Recommend Status vs Quarterly Report

Post by null »

I've noticed some strange things going on with the Temple Recommend Status numbers that show up when you first go to LCR compared to what goes into the quarterly report.

Basically all of last year our Youth with Recommend numbers were off by quite a bit (10 percentage points or so). The Endowed with Recommend numbers were always the same between these two locations.

Now all of a sudden today, the Endowed with Recommend numbers dropped significantly on LCR. At the end of Q4 2023, we were sitting at 743/1066 (~70%). Today LCR shows 754/1424 (53%). No changes have happened in the Stake that would have resulted in 400 new members being added to the Stake that do not have recommends.

For the youth numbers, LCR is currently showing 242/392 (62%) where our Q4 2023 report showed 208/292 (71%).

Can anyone help me understand why these numbers are so different? The Youth ones have always been different all year long. The Adult ones all of a sudden are vastly different.
caillines

Re: LCR Temple Recommend Status vs Quarterly Report

Post by caillines »

It looks like something whacky is going on with the "potentials"

When you drill into the reports directly, for both the full and bapt+conf repot, it shows as being filtered out of the "potentials" number that is associated with the full temple recommends on the front page.

i.e front page endowed+TR =A/B, youth = C/D in the current report it shows endowed as A/B, and bapt+conf as C/B
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

This has been going on for years on the LCR log-in page. I spoke to the GSD about it quite some time ago and they said it was a known bug and to ignore the incorrect numbers. Meanwhile, just recently the numbers in our ward showed as zero temple recommends of both types there for our ward for a few days. That corrected itself or was fixed I suppose the correct term is, but the underlying issue with the youth numbers there has never been addressed, at least not for our ward.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I think most of us would agree that we understand that these things will always occur, given the limited amount of resources available. But it still would be nice when there's a known issue that persists like this, for the Church to either remove the functionality until it's fixed, or put some kind of disclaimer up so general clerks/leaders would be made aware of it (an infinitesimally small percentage of worldwide local leaders are active Forum members). But I'm grateful that at least the Forum helps to raise awareness of these things that individual members find out about. Thanks for sharing those details.
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

Not sure when it started but likely during the past week or so,.. we are seeing the same problems as were described in the original post. Our adult temple recommend base is now given as 1415 members, which is higher than the number of adults in our stake. Looks and smells like a bug. ???
PearsonKJ
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by PearsonKJ »

This is a bug and it was introduced a couple of weeks ago. We will be fixing it in our next release.
sareid

Post by sareid »

PearsonKJ wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:52 pm This is a bug and it was introduced a couple of weeks ago. We will be fixing it in our next release.
Any idea when the next release will take place?

Our fairly new Stake Presidency has been working to increase those with active temple recommendations, but this made it feel like we were going backward. Interestingly, while doing so, we've been trying to analyze the methodology of the calculations and uncovered various inconsistencies in members' records showing as endowed but also with proxy baptisms and confirmation recommends (2), members with active or expired regular recommends but not endowed (7),
null

Post by null »

It seems like the update has gone through. Our Stake jumped from 53% when I posted my original message to now we are at 77% for adults.

The youth number is still low, sitting still at 63%. I will compare to the quarterly report after the end of March and update here.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”