No Audio from HDMI Out

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
wikoli32

No Audio from HDMI Out

Post by wikoli32 »

After reading through some previous posts and trying several different HDMI Outs in our chapel I am finding that no HDMI out port includes audio in our chapel except the one at the pulpit. We are in a brand new stake center and are trying to use the built in Camera and the audio from the pulpit for our live streams but have had issues capturing the audio.

I have attached some pictures of the equipment we are working with. The video works as long as the Input on VS01 is set to the camera. Outside of that we don't typically see video feed either. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_3885.jpeg
IMG_3894.jpeg
IMG_3895.jpeg
kd7mha

Re: No Audio from HDMI Out

Post by kd7mha »

Our rack is similar; we use the camera out HDMI for video and the chapel mix out xlr for audio
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
wikoli32

Post by wikoli32 »

Do you use a computer in the closet with XLR to 3.5mm for audio in addition to the capture card/ HDMI for video for your meetings? How do you handle turning off the stream for Sacrament?

I'm not opposed to starting our broadcast and just leaving a laptop in there for an hour. Just curious if there are other methods to tapping into the church audio system other than leaving a laptop on the floor next to the pulpit (where our line out jack is) or in a closet with our rack. From what I can tell any HDMI Out port in our building is only video (Relief Society, Primary, Priesthood rooms) and all audio comes from the built in speakers in the ceiling.
adamberkey

Post by adamberkey »

From the images I cannot locate an audio out port that you can feed into your computer. Your HDMI line may hooked up to the camera, expecting your audio to be linked to the chapel sound system. Perhaps there is an audio out (either or both, TRS 1/8" headphone-type, or XLR Out the needs to be converted with a EMTECH EJ-8 or -10 multiadapter) to you can feed the Zooming device with audio -- If anywhere, perhap the audio out ports are on the side of the podiom on the rostrum.

Our FM Group provides us with nice setups in our stake meetinghouses. You should put in a FIR request for an audio out port wherever you plan to place your Zooming host device, or talk with your FM Group rep to get guidance from them on how they have setup your audio system so you can patch into its output. If you have a PTZ camera mounted on a wall, you will not want to use its microphone to pick up audio.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wikoli32 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:19 am I am finding that no HDMI out port includes audio in our chapel except the one at the pulpit.
I'm not sure as I'm understanding you. Are you looking for audio in the HDMI signal, or are you talking about a separate connector on the wall plate that has the HDMI connector?

I'm looking at the XLR panel at the top that has nothing plugged in. I'd be curious what happens if you plug the "Chapel out" to "Webcast". That may put audio on the HDMI.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adamberkey

Post by adamberkey »

This is what I would try myself. You need an XLR to 1/4" or 1/8" transformer, then plug into your Zoom host device, and hope the audio syncs with the video. If not you might have to get OBS involved to delay the audio. The transformer, I bought down at the local Music Shop for $30. Amazon works, of course.
Attachments
fix.jpg
adamberkey

Post by adamberkey »

Without all the adapters, you can get this one off Amazon for about $10... It may not actually transform though, at that price. You may be better off buy from a music shop.
Attachments
fix2.jpg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, but what happens if you connect that to the "Webcast" connector on the right? It may allow the zoom laptop to be placed in a better location - as well as adapting the signal to a standard more friendly to the laptop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adamberkey

Post by adamberkey »

It is peculiar that the Webcast port is the opposite gender to the Chapel Mix Out. I personally wouldn't initially assume that this output is transformed already but maybe it is. A call or email to the FM Group for guidance would find that out, but in the meantime one can always test it out.
russellhltn wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:47 pm Yes, but what happens if you connect that to the "Webcast" connector on the right? It may allow the zoom laptop to be placed in a better location - as well as adapting the signal to a standard more friendly to the laptop.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

adamberkey wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:56 pm It is peculiar that the Webcast port is the opposite gender to the Chapel Mix Out.
I'm assuming it's because it's an input.

It might be worth bugging FM if the installer left a manual behind. I think they usually do, it's just it rarely gets into the right hands.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”