GMail issue

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
katiescarlett71

GMail issue

Post by katiescarlett71 »

After the issue I was having with not receiving Church email to my AOL email (from the sender: noreply-lcr@mail.churchofjesuschrist.org ), I changed my email address to a Gmail address. At first, it was working, now I have not received any emails since October 2023. I contacted the stake clerk and asked him to send me a "test" email through the Leader and Clerk Resources Communication <noreply-lcr@mail.churchofjesuschrist.org> . This is the message he received:

Your message has been sent.

The recipients below were rejected by the server. Please verify their email addresses.

(and then it lists my email address, which is correct.)

My own ward clerk removed my Gmail address and added it again and the stake clerk got the same message when sending another "test" email.

I'm at my wit's end since I must receive these communications since my calling is Stake Communication Director. I tried a ton of suggestions but nothing is working.

Is there someone here that can help me?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: GMail issue

Post by jdlessley »

I don't know when the subscriptions options were implemented in Church Account profiles, perhaps around Oct 2023, but the default for receiving many of the listed options are off, not checked, by default. It is worth checking your Church Account subscription settings to make sure you have yours set to receive Local Leader Email.
Log into your Church Account. In the menu pane on the left of the page select Personal / Subscriptions. There are about 15 options that you need to make sure are set to your preference. The one that most likely is not checked is the Local Leader Email option. Check it and test again.

Report back your results. If no luck then someone may have other things to suggest.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
katiescarlett71

Post by katiescarlett71 »

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have made sure that nothing was unchecked. I also went in and created a folder to make sure it wouldn't go to spam but in this case, I'm not getting the emails at all. I also added the church "noreply" email address to my contact lists. Each time the clerk sent me a "test" email and he got the same message. The clerk says it looks like I'm doing everything correctly so he can't figure out why I would not be receiving the leader emails from that email address.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Then it sounds like your email provider may be blocking the messages at their servers. The first thing to do is to ask Gmail if they are blacklisting any Church domains. I've had success putting the Church domains on my email account white list. If you are using an email aggregator such as MS Outlook, then try accessing your email account using the webmail interface with Gmail to rule out local computer email aggregator issues.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Other Member Technologies”