Therapists

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Hilohi

Therapists

Post by Hilohi »

Is there a church website that church leaders can go to to find therapists in their area? I thought there used to be one that could be accessed via LCR, but I couldn't find it just now.
BrianEdwards

Re: Therapists

Post by BrianEdwards »

What I am aware of is the information that Church leaders can access via this link which everyone can see: Consultation Services for Church Leaders I don't believe there's any list of therapists, the process is for the leader to contact Family Services via the link in that page, and Family Services then coordinates things from their side. As a note, with the recent discontinuation of fees in the United States last year for Family Services, there has been a noticeable increase in demand for therapists. So working with your local Family Services center will help coordinate any current needs you have.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

BrianEdwards wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:50 pm What I am aware of is the information that Church leaders can access via this link which everyone can see: Consultation Services for Church Leaders I don't believe there's any list of therapists, the process is for the leader to contact Family Services via the link in that page, and Family Services then coordinates things from their side. As a note, with the recent discontinuation of fees in the United States last year for Family Services, there has been a noticeable increase in demand for therapists. So working with your local Family Services center will help coordinate any current needs you have.
This is helpful, thanks!
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

You asked about finding this via LCR, and I forgot to add how I found that site. I couldn't find a direct link from the LCR homepage, the two "easiest" ways to navigate I found are:
1) LCR => Other => Counseling Resources => brings you to the Provident Living page, then select the Family Services link to get to the Family Services page, then select the Consultation Services for Church Leaders link
2) In LCR, use the All Resources functionality (via the 9-dot waffle icon), and search for Family Services, then from that page select the Consultation Services for Church Leaders link

As for you, it wasn't immediately apparent for me either. Perhaps there is a more direct path that I couldn't see.

Return to “General Discussions”