Missing photos of members on directory

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
moored

Missing photos of members on directory

Post by moored »

Our primary president just informed me that her photo that she put with her membership information is gone, along with photos that other adults who had put their photo in the ward directory in member tools. She is using an iPhone and was wondering if other people have had similar problems?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing photos of members on directory

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest she try and update again. Sundays are a bad day to sync. It's possible a server overload prevented photos from being included in her last sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The latest tools release made some changes to how they got photos and that caused some load issues. They've done some things to fix it, so hopefully they all come back now.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jonesrk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:55 am They've done some things to fix it, so hopefully they all come back now.
Not for me yet... I noticed last Saturday that sync had failed for 3 days. Manual sync also fails (and again this morning). I did provide feedback through the app. I lost all photos and they have not yet returned but I now have everything else. I'm on the Member Tools Beta distribution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest checking the settings and making sure "Download directory photos" is turned on
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:58 am I'd suggest checking the settings and making sure "Download directory photos" is turned on
It is *still* turned on. I had photos until I uninstalled/reinstalled in an attempt to fix the sync issue. My last known successful sync was Saturday, 25 Feb 2024.
moored

Post by moored »

Thanks for all of the great information. !
veehb

Post by veehb »

I have been using Tools ever since it was first introduced. I have updated it to the latest version. I even deleted it and then reinstalled it. Everything seems to work except for photos of members and leaders. I have a nearly new iPhone 15 Pro with plenty of memory. I have Google Fiber WiFi with 1 Gbit of data download and sit right next to the first access point. My wife, using the same home network, has photos of all the members and leaders on her iPhone 15 Max. What do I need to do to get the photos to download to my phone?? I don't see any recent posts here regarding photos.

Thanks,
veehb
Taylorsville, Utah
Markdbrown@gmail.com

Post by Markdbrown@gmail.com »

Same problem in our household. Some of us see ohotos and some don’t. Those of us without photos have tried re-syncing, adjusting settings, and reloading app (all as have been suggested in previous posts). Still no photos. We all have iPhones and latest versions.
docrob

Post by docrob »

Since the latest update, all photos are missing from the directory and member profiles. After waiting patiently, updating/syncing the app, and even removing and reloading the app again, these have still not returned. I am using an iPhone 15 Pro.

Return to “Member Tools”