Missing photos of members on directory

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing photos of members on directory

Post by russellhltn »

Had everyone verified that the feature has been turned on in settings?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
veehb

Post by veehb »

I'm a little surprised that there have been no messages here since Sunday, April 21st. I have reloaded the app three time and still no photos. When I go into the members directory on the Church website, ward member photos are there. My wife's iPhone 15 Pro Max has all the photos, but my iPhone 15 Pro does not. We share the same home network. There is a photo of the Jordan River Temple on my phone, but nothing in the membership listings for the wards or stake in Membership Tools. I really need to see the photos in order to use the tool the way I need to.

I've tried everything suggested here and also did a Google search as suggested and saw nothing that helped. Most of the information there is old (prior to this release of Tools). I see nothing in the settings on my iPhone 15 Pro that would cause the photos not to display. I had all the photos before this last upgrade to Tools that came out last week.

Since I'm not the only one having trouble seeing photos on an iPhone 15 Pro, must be something else we can try.

Need some help!

Thanks,
veehb
Taylorsville, Utah
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When the 5.0 version for android came out, I lost photos also (I verified photos were still turned on in the app and the sync completed successfully). I'm now on android version 5.0.2 and photos came back in the .1 or .2 update. My recommendation is to provide feedback from the app which will help the developers pinpoint what the problems are with this release in getting photos loaded. If you have tried all the suggestions and provided feedback from the app, there likely not much else you can do until the development team figures out the problem and gets a fix in place.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

veehb wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm I'm a little surprised that there have been no messages here since Sunday, April 21st.
Since I'm not the only one having trouble seeing photos on an iPhone 15 Pro, must be something else we can try.

Need some help!
It may not be something the normal 'reset' type of steps can resolve, but rather an update on the Church's side of things. Here's what I can report for my own cellphone, Android 14 with 6.1 One UI, and using version 5.0.2 of Member Tools.

I cannot get any pictures to display, and the "Member Photos" toggle is selected in my settings and I've tried manual sync and all. So I sign out of the Tools app then sign in, and when signing in, get the prompt screen asking what to sync. I accept the defaults which include downloading member photos, and then sync. It says it syncs, but when looking I don't see any member photos. All the other variations of forcing a resync or reselecting settings, doesn't seem to get the pictures into my Tools app.

I agree with @davesudweeks about providing this feedback with specific details of your phone version, OS, and also which version of Member Tools you're using.
veehb

Post by veehb »

Brian,

Started a reply, and lost it. I'll try again.

My IOS version of tools doesn't show a release number. The Apple App Store shows Member Tools as release 5.0. So maybe the Android version is a later release, since you mention release 5.0.2?

Hopefully the Church support team is working on this problem. Seems to be a problem with some iPhones and not others. I did leave a problem report on the app website and hopefully someone in the support team will contact me and help find a solution. I like the update, all except for the lack of photos on my phone. There are some nice new features.

Thanks for your reply,

Vee Butterfield
Taylorsville, UT
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The different OS developer teams try to keep things in parity between iOS and android (as I understand - no special knowledge) but it is not an exact science. Sometimes one OS supports a feature easier than another so that feature or update may come out sooner than the other. I believe they changed how pics are loaded with 5.0 and that may need some bugs to be worked out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

veehb wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:37 pm My IOS version of tools doesn't show a release number.
In the Android version, the version number is at the bottom of the "Settings" screen, not the "Help" screen where you might expect to find it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidpkent

Post by davidpkent »

I use a OnePlus 7T phone. It's and Android OS. None of my ward/stake member photos show up. I've deleted and reloaded the app to no avail. Photos are turned on in settings and the Show Photos is turned on the bar selection of the main screen. I noticed a problem a few weeks ago when individual photos weren't showing up but household photos were. Now nothing. It's frustrating. My wife has the same phone and OS and her photos in Member Tools show up. Sigh. Wish I could figure it out.
veehb

Post by veehb »

This is my third attempt to post here. Other attempts today suddenly disappear. I'll keep it short.

I reloaded the Tools app again on Thursday. This time it took longer to download and sync. When it was finished, I had photos for most of the members in my ward and in stake callings.

The Tools app in the Apple App Store still shows the Tools app as version 5.0. Some android users have mentioned versions beyond 5.0.

I suspect the support team has fixed a bug that was causing the photos not to display. Seemed to work on some iPhones and not on others. A few android users were also having problems.

I'd be interested to know what has changed in the last couple of days. Mine is now working (iPhone 15 Pro - running latest IOS release).

Anyone else see it now working?

Veehb
jerrbear612

Post by jerrbear612 »

I am on an iphone and removed the app and readded it and I still have no photos. I'm guessing church tech knows about this, but is there anywhere else we can submit this problem?

Return to “Member Tools”