Merge New Members / People Being Taught ?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gabrielra

Merge New Members / People Being Taught ?

Post by gabrielra »

Hi,

Is it possible to merge data between New Members and People Being Taught on Covenant Path Progress section?
Because some entries are duplicate, especially for children or family of existing members (with their name on member's record)

An example:

John Doe (34y) was baptized 4 weeks ago. When we created the membership record, we entered Johnny Doe (8y) as child - it's the normal process when creating a new member record.
This week, Johnny Doe was baptized and missionaries submitted it from their system. When as a clerk we are registering the baptism, there is an advertisement saying that the system found another record with the same name and if it's the same person, we need to merge both records. No problem to merge it ... apparently.

Because now, on Covenant Path Progress, we have Johnny Doe in New Member section and "Johnny" on People Being Taught section.

Is there something we can do?

The only thing I found is :
Full-time missionaries can update Area Book Planner data and merge “People Being Taught” and “New Member” records (where needed).
from : https://assets.churchofjesuschrist.org/ ... aining.pdf

But seems like it's not possible ?

Thanks for your help
garystroble

Re: Merge New Members / People Being Taught ?

Post by garystroble »

Perhaps the mission office can help?
Cmanrogers

Post by Cmanrogers »

If it shows 2 records (one member and one not) in Area Book (now called the Preach My Gospel) the missionaries should be able to merge them. I had a situation like this some time ago and I needed to remove any reference to a baptismal date on the person being taught record to be able to merge the two.

It seemed to have been easier when it was a paper form.
Christian Rogers
gabrielra

Post by gabrielra »

Thanks for your help, I will check with the mission office.

Return to “Membership Help”