Guiding Principles for the Church of Jesus Christ’s Use of Artificial Intelligence

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
BrianEdwards

Guiding Principles for the Church of Jesus Christ’s Use of Artificial Intelligence

Post by BrianEdwards »

Just thought it useful to share this Newsroom article about how the Church envisions using AI to support the work of salvation. I know there's a lot of really tech-y Forum members who are skilled in new technologies (I'm always amazed and a bit intimidated by how much knowledge many church members have!). And as we all engage with AI, it's good to review and internalize what the Church's own guidelines are. This will help manage our expectations of where and how the Church might integrate AI, as well as guide our own efforts if we want to integrate things like generative AI into our callings or anything church-related.

I especially appreciated the "reminder that the restored Church of Jesus Christ is not primarily a purveyor of information but a source of God’s truth."

Return to “Emerging Technologies”