Beta 5.0

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
zaneclark

Beta 5.0

Post by zaneclark »

I just downloaded the beta 5.0. I know from experience that it will take a few minutes to get used to it, but I like the new look! How soon will this be made available to everyone?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Beta 5.0

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:57 am I just downloaded the beta 5.0. I know from experience that it will take a few minutes to get used to it, but I like the new look! How soon will this be made available to everyone?
On Android, the beta has finished and regular version 5.0.2 is already released. I also like the changes.

In my experience, a beta version usually lasts about two weeks unless there are problems.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:15 am On Android, the beta has finished and regular version 5.0.2 is already released. I also like the changes.
I'm on 4.10.0 and I'm not seeing an update. Perhaps the Church has released it, but Play Store hasn't updated?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

New app looks pretty snazzy.

A bug in the payment requests bit (people without access to it can see it and select the payee option but then it goes to white screen), but apart from that it looks good.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I like the new format, and so far, I have only found one bug, which I have reported to feedback. When you click on an individual in the organizations, it does not show their email of phone, even though it does show them in the member directory. Does Android have this same problem or is it confined to iPhones?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

zaneclark wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:57 am I like the new format, and so far, I have only found one bug, which I have reported to feedback. When you click on an individual in the organizations, it does not show their email of phone, even though it does show them in the member directory. Does Android have this same problem or is it confined to iPhones?
When I click on a person from the organizations page (Android), it takes to their full card with all information showing (phone and email).

The bug I found that I have reported is when I go to the Class and Quorum Attendance page, I cannot select just the Deacon's quorum - that selection is under the back button on the bottom of my screen so trying to select the Deacon's quorum takes me back. I have seen this bug several times before in other areas of MemberTools... I have reported this, again.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

The bug I reported concerning missing contact information was resolved with the latest update to 5.0. I was impressed with fast response to my Feedback!
JJGentry5

Post by JJGentry5 »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:51 pm
lajackson wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:15 am On Android, the beta has finished and regular version 5.0.2 is already released. I also like the changes.
I'm on 4.10.0 and I'm not seeing an update. Perhaps the Church has released it, but Play Store hasn't updated?

I have the same issue, but my wife doesn't. The 5.0.2 version looks great on her Samsung Galaxy, but it still shows 4.10.0 on mine. When I go to Play Store it still shows version 4.10.0 so it won't update mine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Version 5.0.2 showed up in Google Playstore.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”