Account Settings Hanging up in Browser?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
christopherbross

Account Settings Hanging up in Browser?

Post by christopherbross »

Every time I try to access the Church Account sites (Household, Children Accounts, etc.), my browser hangs up. It runs really slow when just accessing the main Church Account page as well. I'm using vanilla Chrome. I cannot access anything to view or change and nothing seems to clear the issue. I've tried deleting cookies and other data, using incognito mode, etc. and nothing seems to change it. Is this a common issue?

I have the same issue on mobile (Chrome on Samsung S23 Ultra). It behaves almost as if it doesn't recognize my login credentials after it starts to load the new site after clicking on a link (the menu says "sign in" after having logged in previously).
BrianEdwards

Re: Account Settings Hanging up in Browser?

Post by BrianEdwards »

christopherbross wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:50 pm Every time I try to access the Church Account sites (Household, Children Accounts, etc.), my browser hangs up. It runs really slow when just accessing the main Church Account page as well. I'm using vanilla Chrome. I cannot access anything to view or change and nothing seems to clear the issue. I've tried deleting cookies and other data, using incognito mode, etc. and nothing seems to change it. Is this a common issue?

I have the same issue on mobile (Chrome on Samsung S23 Ultra). It behaves almost as if it doesn't recognize my login credentials after it starts to load the new site after clicking on a link (the menu says "sign in" after having logged in previously).
There are a lot of variations on what you describe. As you seem to have tried many of the normal suggestions, I'd suggest one of the following ideas:
1) Find "someone" (perhaps the ward clerk) who can successfully log onto their church account using their device. Have them log out, then you try and log onto your account (on their device)
2) Find "someone" (perhaps the ward clerk) who can successfully log onto their church account using their device. Have them try logging into their church account on your device.

The idea being that you'd like to confirm whether it's an issue with your church account, or somehow an issue with your devices. If you and another member use the exact same device, and it works for them but not for you, then the issue seems connected to your account. But if it doesn't work for both of you on your devices, but it does work for both of you on his (or her) device, then you know something's up with your devices.
christopherbross

Re: Account Settings Hanging up in Browser?

Post by christopherbross »

Excellent idea, thank you!

Return to “Main Church Website”