Help with a temple situation

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
kevincampbelllabrum

Help with a temple situation

Post by kevincampbelllabrum »

My sister passed away three years ago after a battle with cancer. She was a baptised member but she wasnt active and her husband and kids arnt members. My other sister and her were very close and had hoped to do her inititory and endowment for her. My mother was feeling promptings to have the work done and arranged to have my aunt do the work. Unfortunatly she didnt tell us it was happening until the day it was going to be performed. My living sister is just devastated and is grieving like she lost her again. She is inconsolable about it. Is there any hope to have the ordinance redone? Is there anything else that can be done? Please advise.
Cmanrogers

Re: Help with a temple situation

Post by Cmanrogers »

This may help

https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/he ... ily-member

Your mother as a parent was able to do the work since she is a close relative and they're allowed to submit ordinances for recently deceased (past 30 days.)
Christian Rogers
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Help with a temple situation

Post by russellhltn »

The only reason to re-do an ordinance is because of some kind of error in the procedure (such as done while living, or done too soon) or a material error in the identification (such as wrong gender). That's unlikely to apply in this situation.

Even if somehow she did get to re-do them, once the duplicate record was merged, only the first ordinance dates done by the aunt would remain.

Ultimately, I think your sister is going to have to find another way of honoring her memory. It might be adding memories in FamilySearch, or doing additional proxy work - work that her sister would have done had she been able to go to the temple herself. On a positive note, the work has been done. That's the important part.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”