Please improve server capacity and Sunday software issues!

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jeffreyglennbitton@gmail.com

Please improve server capacity and Sunday software issues!

Post by jeffreyglennbitton@gmail.com »

Hi, I'm a ward clerk, and I work in Software. It is so frustrating that the church websites and apps ALWAYS have server problems, especially on Sundays when we need it most! It makes it really hard for us to fulfill our callings. The LDS Tools app consistently has login issues. On the website, trying to submit and enter payments didn't work for nearly 2 hours earlier today. It's the same problem over the years. Please be more serious about this and dedicate more time and resources to fixing these issues. It's critical for the work to continue and I don't feel like it's getting the attention it needs. Please pay attention to the lousy member tools app ratings, members are trying to voice their discontent with it and it continues to be a problem. Thank you.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Please improve server capacity and Sunday software issues!

Post by jdlessley »

jeffreyglennbitton@gmail.com wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:34 am Hi, I'm a ward clerk, and I work in Software. It is so frustrating that the church websites and apps ALWAYS have server problems, especially on Sundays when we need it most! It makes it really hard for us to fulfill our callings. The LDS Tools app consistently has login issues. On the website, trying to submit and enter payments didn't work for nearly 2 hours earlier today. It's the same problem over the years. Please be more serious about this and dedicate more time and resources to fixing these issues. It's critical for the work to continue and I don't feel like it's getting the attention it needs. Please pay attention to the lousy member tools app ratings, members are trying to voice their discontent with it and it continues to be a problem. Thank you.
The Church Tech Forum is user-to-user discussion and collaborative self help. It is not an official support channel and there is no means of forwarding your concerns to those who can address them. Most of the Church online web pages have a feedback link at the bottom of the page to report issues, suggestions, and other feedback. The Church mobile apps have an in-app feedback feature to communicate feedback. Due to the large volume of messages for web pages as well as for mobile apps and the limited support personnel to manage them, you may not receive a personal response, or in many cases, any response at all. Most responses that are sent are automated receipt acknowledgements. Know, however, your messages will be forwarded to the appropriate person, team, or department for consideration.

Take time to search the forum and you will find all the issues and concerns mentioned have been identified and are actively discussed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Please improve server capacity and Sunday software issues!

Post by russellhltn »

Many developers hold callings in their ward and are painfully aware of the issues. But they have to work within the projects assigned and the resources given.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”