Incomplete institute manuals in other languages

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bronnergus

Incomplete institute manuals in other languages

Post by bronnergus »

Hello,

This is my first time using the forums. I hope I'm writing this on the correct board...

Anyway, I've been having some trouble with the institute manuals available in Portuguese recently. For this post, I'll mention just a punctual problem I've just found out on the Institute Book of Mormon Student Manual Religion 121-122 (this one).

Between Moroni 10 and the Index, there is the Appendix with lots of really useful information and graphics. My problem with the Portuguese manual is that the appendix was simply removed and not included in the final version released. In the Portuguese manual it just jumps from page 433 (last page of Moroni 10 lesson) to page 445 (first page of the index).

So, I was wondering how can I get a correct, complete manual with the appendix? It is frustrating to don't access to it in my native language.

Thank you.

PS: the Portuguese manual also does not have chapter bookmarks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Incomplete institute manuals in other languages

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi! I'd recommend sending feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of ChurchofJesusChrist.org to get it to the content teams. However, note that this Institute manual is from 15 years ago (2009), and new Book of Mormon institute manuals have been published since. Because of that, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed very quickly.

As a workaround, the manual in Gospel Library does have the appendix pages in Portuguese:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/book-of-mormon-student-manual?lang=por

Hope this helps!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”